XFCE incorrect password error

This happened to me when I first tried to edit my profile from mugshot. I added my e-mail and clicked apply, then they asked me for the password and I entered it correctly, but they said it’s an incorrect password. I reinstalled the system after that. Today I tried to Manually lock my desktop from the whiskers menu and when I tried to unlock, I get the same error. I checked everything, the number lock, caps lock, everything. This only happened with the locking from the whisker’s menu and the mugshot. Is there any way to solve this issue? Should I switch back to plasma?

So I had a play around for you and those profile and locking tasks worked fine for me. It seems to be just prompting for user password as normal (correct me if I am wrong and there is some wallet shenanigans happening in the background)
Is it a laptop, and could you go to ‘suspend’ instead of ‘lock’ as a workaround?
Also, did you try hopping to a tty session and typing the password in clear text to make sure the system could interpret the input OK?

I don’t know about the wallet thingy, but it asks key ring password when I open Brave browser.

Also, did you try hopping to a tty session and typing the password in clear text to make sure the system could interpret the input OK?

hehe I don’t know that tty sessions means :sweat_smile:

Mugshot is known to cause password issues, it already has been discussed here

But, i am afraid, it has not been resolved yet

1 Like

It’s pretty easy to find out
if you wanted to know …

It looks like a terminal - text input only, no graphics.
Command prompt only.
CTRL+ALT+F5 (for example)