XFCE desktop version 4.16 is released

That’s why pamac-gui always appears not in the center of the screen in Xfce?

pamac appears in the center of my screen

1 Like

Same here, even with my ultrawide screen :slight_smile:

/me wonders how far off-topic this thread will go before closeing time :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

For me it appears on the right down. @TriMoon @Ros there is a configuration for this? Where can I find?

I didn’t have to change anything, it centers on screen by default…

1 Like

Снимок экрана_2020-12-24_21-09-58

It’s already “in the center of the screen”, but didn’t work

Try adjusting the slider in the same window, i.e. in screenshot 2

1 Like

So any idea when it’s planned to ship to Manjaro?

Arch Testing already contains 4.16
A few weeks, probably.

1 Like

It’s available in unstable already, so maybe a week or two until it’ll hit stable branch.

Well, CSD will come soon or later more to XFCE. Now it is more for the dialogs only. So we have to see on how it goes. These are the changes the author did so far:

2 Likes

Hi @philm, I have two exact questions:

• Do you know the reason why Xfce’s team choosed to implement CSD like Gnome?

• Will GTk3-classic works again with Xfce4.16, or since you pointed xfce-classic, this means that the people which don’t want CSD will have to switch to xfce-classic and leave GTk3-classic?

Looks like this is an answer for your question :slight_smile:

https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.16/roadmap/general_ui/csd

1 Like

You may want to do the Xfce 4.16 Tour. A lot of changes are documented in the changelog. The release announcement tells most of the changes and why. You may want to read also the Roadmap and the reasons behind the switch to CSD. After looking at it again, it was one of the best decision by XFCE team to do it. I would even liked they did the full switch IMHO.

People who dislike it, may use libxfce4ui-nocsd in combination with gtk3-classic packages.

3 Likes

I can’t find that. Did you mean this instead?

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. I’m sure us dinosaurs would really appreciate our own familiar look back. @philm, any possible ways for the accommodation? Possibly some cash? :joy:

Btw, do you guys have any icon theme recommendations? My arc set is likely going to die off soon considering its moka dependency is nowhere to be found now. Papirus is not my cup of tea and I’m just looking for compliments here. :coffee:

flat-remix?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.