Xfce default mouse setting is killing me day by da

dear team,
i have tested KDE before, and there was a setting for mouse, i can set mouse profile sot flat,
but in xfce there is no setting for flat mode,
please give me a easy way to change mouse profile to flat :frowning:

What do you mean by flat exactly? like theme?

Hello and welcome,

KDE Plasma and XFCE deal a bit different with the mouse settings.

• On KDE by default is where you have the Acceleration profile Flat available:

• XFCE has this options, but you also have to check the Behavior tab

Please let us know if there is something else you are actually looking for.

1 Like

Don’t think you need it or need to worry about it on xfce or kde, this guys answers it on this post

" Some digging unearthed information that is “for developers and is not necessarily useful for users”.

After trying the different settings, I experienced:

1. adaptive - Less precise than other modes while moving the mouse slowly or quickly. It’s quite jittery.
  2. default: Very smooth and accurate when moving short distances. If I move the pointer across the screen I’ll occasionally overreach the target. This mode basically seems to begin with a slow acceleration and increase as the mouses speed increases.
  3. flat: There is no acceleration. Moving short distances results in less precision than the default profile, but I can anticipate where the pointer will be a bit better when moving over large distances, which helps avoid the overreach. I read here that when playing FPS games you want this profile."

Hope that helps your questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

whats in behavior tab ? there is nothing for accelaration setting