Xfce - Best Video Editing Software? Need Fancy Video Of Game We Made!

Hi,

We are an extremely small cross-platform open-source Indie video game developer.
We now use “Manjaro Xfce 64Bit” on all of our development computers.

We would like to make a cool flashy promo video for our recently released video game:

We have been using “SimpleScreenRecorder” on Manjaro to capture real gameplay with audio.
We need a video editing software application that is easy to use to turn stock videos into fancy promos.
Can someone recommend the best one that will work well with Xfce?

Thanks!

Jesse

kdenlive is a popular video editing program

Or you can try others in this list:

1 Like

I haven’t edited videos for some time now, so i don’t know how better or worse editors have become. But i do remember having to try multiple editors because of stability, behavior or update issues with most of them.

The two i did use on the long run were

• kdenlive, quite full-featured but it regularly crashed on my end
  • blender, powerful and stable overall, although it has a noticeable learning curve; its major downside is its much slower release cycle compared to Arch/Manjaro, making it prone to issues with dependencies updates
1 Like

Last time I have to cut a video I used ‘shotcut’ which was simple to use.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen unfa is using Olive for his videos with fancy effects. You can try kdenlive, but it has/had issues with poxying video, don’t know how it works now. I know that dude from Linux for Everyone use Lightworks. Both are in AUR :slight_smile:

1 Like