Xfburn error: cannot dismount DVD-RW

Hi there!,

I downloaded Manjaro BSPWM iso and was trying to burn it. My DVD-RW was recognized by the app and the only thing I did was setting the burning speed to 3 (the lowest available) but I’m getting spammed with an error saying: “Cannot dismount DVD-RW”. I’m using Xfburn btw

What can I do?

Hi! I just tried burning an iso to an old CD-R I had no use for. Xf Burn said: “Burn mode not currently implemented” or something like that. In preferences Burn to CD was ticked. When I tried again, by hitting Burn, I notied a Refresh button in the window that pops up to select the iso. When I pressed this I was able to burn the iso. Could be worth looking at? :smile: :man_shrugging:

I’m gonna try that now and see if it works. Also, in the past 2 DVD-RW thar I tried to burn, it displays that the drive is empty but I can’t either burn or erase anything there.

Let me know how it goes. If it doesn’t work I recommend burning the iso to a usb stick. I’ve found the best way to do this is to use the SUSE ImageWriter (sudo pacman -S imagewriter), but apparently Etcher is also good. Some of the other usb burners I’ve found to be temperamental.

Unfortunately it says “disc is empty” and the “Burn” button is greyed out. Atm I don’t have any usb sticks with me so idk what to do

Be patient, then go out and buy a cheap usb stick or order online. :smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

that may be the best option but I’m just excited to try a community edition of Manjaro

I know the feeling. I wonder if it’s the type of DVD you are using. There are a few different versions, which is why I gave up with them.

Put yourself in a Zen-like state and chill until you can get the usb option :laughing: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Does anyone know how to fix that while I don’t buy an usb stick? It says the “drive is empty” and therefore I can’t do anything with it.