X session hangs for few seconds after mouse click in KDE/Plasma

Recently started noticing this strange behavior.

When I click right mouse button in Steam or in Google Chrome, everything freezes for few seconds.

This occurs not on every mouse click, but occasionally.

Also had same freeze in Telegram when I watched photo in full-screen and then clicked right button to close it.

My hardware is AMD iGPU and Nvida dedicated gpu: Ryzen 5700H + RTX2070

I have following config added to enable reverse prime and allow usage of HDMI

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-drm.conf                                                                                                                                                                                          
options nvidia_drm modeset=1

How I can diagnose this issue? Where to find relevant logs?

Try opening system monitor (ksys), I prefer the old one. Pin it on top and do some clicks and observer what process or resources spike.

1 Like

Yes, I also prefer KSysGuard :slight_smile:

Turns out when I resize window this is also triggering, I wasn’t able to see anything drastically on ksysguard, as UI was frozen. Only 6% CPU from xor.

I guess I’ll connect to my machine with SSH and try luck there.
I think it’s latest nVidia update :smiley:

I was able to fix it. Turns out problem was with my configuration.

I had configured reverse prime. But then disabled it to test one game, and then when trued to reenable it, I didn’t apply all required configs, and my system ended up in weird state.

P.S. looks like on new drivers second monitor works without revers prime hack with AMD iGPU. Need to test more different configs. With one of such configs occasional hangs happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.