Wrong size in Dolphin

Hello. After installing Manjaro I noticed a strange thing. When I go into dolphin and look at the disk information its size is 931 gb, but only 867 GB of 915 GB is available, although only 1.4 gb of memory is used on the disk. Can you explain why this is the case?

First I think you’re misreading thing about the 1.4GB of disk space used, Manjaro itself is multiple GB.
The available space of 867GB for 915GB might be right. By default there is some reserved space for the root user (I think in the event of a 100% full disk, the system can still work but the user doesn’t have disk space available anymore until some files are deleted), I learned that last year, on a 1TB disk you imagine how enormous this reserved space is (roughly 50GB), you can change this amount of reserved space with the tune2fs command and its -m parameter:

-m reserved-blocks-percentage
Set the percentage of the file system which may only be allocated by privileged processes. Reserving some number of file system blocks for use by privileged processes is done to avoid file system fragmentation, and to allow system daemons, such as syslogd(8), to continue to function correctly after non-privileged processes are prevented from writing to the file system. Normally, the default percentage of reserved blocks is 5%.

Example in my case I did sudo tune2fs -m 1 /dev/nvme0n1p2 to reduce it to 1%.

Provide output of commands lsblk and df -H

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.