VLC player has association with a lot of files, what is not related to VLC. It happened after VLC version updating. Does anyone know how to fix it globally to avoid manually changing each of type association?
No doubt are wrong files associations. I have 3 native installs, two on unstable and one on testing. Could not reproduce. Tested on VM install and no trace of such wrong file association either. Are those global, aka system wide or just in your user home? You can test with a TMP user.
resets user mime settings to fully vanilla – but if I’m not mistaken (it was for me in a flurry of installs/tweaks just after installing Manjaro for the first time and I don’t in fact remember what I did) that did not fully work for me. Logging out and back in after doing that can in case supposedly not hurt. Of course first backup your existing ~/.config/mimeapps.list if you want to be able to restore.
First just look in ~/.config/mimeapps.list I suppose…
Seems, I’ve solved a problem. I run mv ~/.config/mimeapps.list ~/.config/mimeapps.list.back, and rebooted laptop. After reboot, I did this mv ~/.config/mimeapps.list.back ~/.config/mimeapps.list. This flow solve my problem