Wireless Mouse "skating"

Hello everyone. I have been using a new Victsing MM057 2.4g wireless usb mouse for about 3 months now. Last week, reasons unknown to me, the mouse has started skating, ie continue moving for a short time after I quit moving. It makes the system almost unusable. I’ve spent two solid days trying to correct this issue, but I am giving up trying it on my own and I am asking for ideas from people who have had similar issues. Thanks in advance.

KDE : 5.23.4
Framework : 5.88.0
Qt : 5.15.2
Kernel : 5.15.6-2-MANJARO (64-bit)
CPU : 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory : 5.7 GiB of RAM
GPU : Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Graphics : X11

i dont’t think a update could have been a problem. check your mouse settings in kde

these are my settings for wireless mouse

1 Like

Yes, I set all my mouse settings in kde to the defaults, but that did not help. A couple of months ago I was having all kinds of problems with my bluetooth headphones so I switched to pipewire. That helped a little, but I still had problems. Then, out of the blue, no updates or anything, they just started working. I’ve had that happen with some screen resolution problems on an external monitor. I was hoping the same would happen with this mouse problem but I’m not that lucky yet.

Anybody? I know this may seem minor, but it really isn’t.

try using flat profile instead of adaptive in kde settings.

Acceleration profile
The Adaptive profile is the default profile for all devices and takes the
current speed of the device into account when deciding on acceleration. 
The Flat profile is simply a constant factor applied to all device deltas,
regardless of the speed of motion.
1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. I had tried that several times, but it didn’t work. Here’s the thing that’s freaking me out (see above), a few minutes after my last post, everything started working correctly with the mouse. No reboot, no updates, no nothing. I started out with Mint for 3 years, then Kubuntu for 3 years, now Manjaro for a few months. Since switching to Manjaro, this has also happened with my wireless headphones and external monitor. I absolutely love Manjaro more than any distro I have ever used, but if this keeps happening, I don’t think I am going to stick with it.

Hello,

I am seeing the same behavior with my Apple trackpad and Logitech MX Keys keyboard both connected via Bluetooth.

The skating just happens out of the blue and after a while it is fine again. What I did find is that when I connect them using a cable to USB, the skating stops immediately and the keyboard has no more delay.

In my case I do think it is one of last two updates because it never happened before in the last 9 months using Manjaro. I suspect it is something with Bluetooth but do not really know where to look.

1 Like

Yep. It’s back again. :confounded:

Still happening here, do you still have it?

Yes. Most of the time, but not always.