Wired connection has disappeared?

Have read a couple of other similar post but im still stuck.

Iv been asked to use my wired connection for internet testing by my service provider, but it does not work or even show up in the network list. I plugged it in and didn’t expect any problems at all as it was working last time i used it.

❱sudo inxi -b
[sudo] password for greg:
Host: greg-inspiron5767 Kernel: 6.0.19-4-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.26.5 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Type: Laptop System: Dell product: Inspiron 5767 v: N/A serial: 5688QC2
Mobo: Dell model: 03XWWJ v: A00 serial: /5688QC2/CN1296368Q0001/
UEFI-[Legacy]: Dell v: 1.5.0 date: 06/11/2021
ID-1: BAT0 charge: 42.0 Wh (100.0%) condition: 42.0/42.0 Wh (100.0%)
Info: dual core Intel Core i5-7200U [MT MCP] speed (MHz): avg: 1749
min/max: 400/3100
Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 620 driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: Microdia Integrated_Webcam_HD type: USB driver: uvcvideo
Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.7 driver: X: loaded: modesetting
dri: iris gpu: i915 resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
API: OpenGL v: 4.6 Mesa 22.3.5 renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 620 (KBL
Device-1: Intel Wireless 3165 driver: iwlwifi
Device-2: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169
Device-3: Intel Bluetooth wireless interface type: USB driver: btusb
Local Storage: total: 931.51 GiB used: 188.18 GiB (20.2%)
Processes: 227 Uptime: 6m Memory: 15.45 GiB used: 4.4 GiB (28.5%)
Shell: fish inxi: 3.3.25

Im not sure what to post but i shall do my best

enp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
ether 28:f1:0e:37:a9:2c  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
RX packets 423  bytes 71333 (69.6 KiB)
RX errors 0  dropped 1  overruns 0  frame 0
TX packets 6  bytes 778 (778.0 B)
TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
inet  netmask
inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)
RX packets 2374  bytes 423132 (413.2 KiB)
RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
TX packets 2374  bytes 423132 (413.2 KiB)
TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

wlp1s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
inet  netmask  broadcast
inet6 fe80::3051:3419:166f:ce79  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
ether b8:81:98:b2:df:e5  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
RX packets 8631  bytes 2590582 (2.4 MiB)
RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
TX packets 9084  bytes 1234781 (1.1 MiB)
TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
❱ip link show
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: enp2s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 28:f1:0e:37:a9:2c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: wlp1s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000
link/ether b8:81:98:b2:df:e5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

I have turned off the wifi. The icon in the try show an odd symbol and the network device does not show up in the GUI list

I tried a clean live usb stick of Manjaro KDE and it works as expected

I have tried going back to the previous LTS kernel 5.15.90, it made no difference.

I honestly don’t know how to proceed :frowning:

Ok i found the problem. For some reason, the wired Ethernet connection had been completely removed in the Plasma settings. I built a new one, filled out the setup and it worked!

I dont understand why it would not have connected and worked even without the plasma GUI stuff, i mean surly it was still there and it was as showing in the terminal under “ip”, “systemctl”,“lshw” & “ifconfig” etc. It should have still connected.

I have no clue how it could ever have been deleted. I would never have done that.

Weird ^^