Window tiling options on KDE?

Hope I posted this in the right place (sorry if not mods!)

I was wondering what options were out there for window tiling in kde. I have seen on youtube there a few options. But, Im such a total noob I really don’t know the pros and cons of different approaches. Was considering Krohnkite as it seems like an easy and basic option, but would love to hear some opinions from people unlike me who have been using Linux for more than a week.

I also have this little bugbear where I tend to have 2 or 3 windows open, like Terminal and a youtube video teaching me what to type open at the same time, and keep forgetting to click on the appropriate window so paste and type things into the wrong window…is there some way to have it so the active window is the one with my mouse cursor over it? (sorry, know this must be a super edge case and I should just get used to using the tab button.

1 Like

no harm in trying, go for it. i watched this:

i might have to give kde a try again.

it works fine, make sure you do the user config.

Regarding your second question, I think the option you are looking for is in:

System Settings > Window Management > Window Behaviour

Where it says Window activation policy on the Focus tab, change from Click to focus to Focus follows mouse (other options also available too).

Thank you so much for this!

i went with the other tiling script. it handles the windows with a set size better.
both take time to set up if your use to like i3 or sway.

Your right, it dose handle fixed windows much better. Thank you again for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.