Wifi won't work

Thanks man I’ll input that and send it you

Please see this post:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/cant-get-wifi-to-work-0bda-c820-realtek-semiconductor-corp-802-11ac-nic/45049/8

If it requires linux kernel headers, then install them if they are not installed.

1 Like

How doni install the headers for it

Install the linux kernel headers that apply to your kernel e.g. if using kernel 5.10:
linux510-headers-5.10.23-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

1 Like

Okay I’ll try that and get back to you

To install the linux headers you need to know which kernel you’re running. Run,

uname -r

in a terminal to find out which kernel you’re running at the moment. For example, I’m running 5.10, and my output looks like:

$ uname -r
5.10.23-1-MANJARO

To install the headers for linux kernel 5.10, you’d have to find it in the repositories first:

$ pamac search linux510
linux510-headers 5.10.23-1        core
Header files and scripts for building modules for Linux510 kernel

Then, to install the headers, you install them with 1pamac install`:

$ pamac install linux510-headers

Fo9llowed by a reboot.

That is the best way to do it, in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks I did that installed the 510 headers and rebooted but it just didn’t work

I’m assuming you did it because you’re running kernel 5.10. Did you follow the instructions in the link @jrichard326 gave you after you installed the headers?

If so, and it’s still not working, please provide the information @Fabby asked for earlier.

Yess I did do it but doesn’t wanna work

Won’t let me send picture

Don’t send a picture. See

1 Like

Have no idea what anyone that means I’ll just type out all the network Info it spat out

Network
Device 1 realtek rtl8111/8168/8411 pci express gigabyte Ethernet

Vendor gigabyte drive:r8169 v:kernel port ee00 bus-id 03:00.0
Chip I’d- 10ec:8168 class-id: 0200
If: enp3s0 state down
Device 2 -realtek 802.11ac nic type USB driver n/a bus I’d 1-1.4:4
Chip I’d- 0bda:c811 class-id 0000 seriously filter
If-id-1 emp0s29ulul state: unknown speed: n/a mac: filter
Ip v4 type: dynamic noprefixroute scope: global
Ip6 type: noprefixroute scooe:link

Ps I do appreciate the help

@Kieron145,

I’m extremely sorry to say this, and I’ll probably get in trouble for it, but for anyone to help, more information is necessary. And I did give you a link for a guide on how to provide it. a Very good guide, if you ask me.

Without that info, and possibly more, you won’t get any help, because nobody on here are mind readers, even if what they can do sometimes looks like magic.

So, I’ll give you the link again: How to provide good information

1 Like

Oksu whats that

Please read this:

and this again:

as you’ve only posted partial information.

:innocent:

I’ve also just come across this:

$ pamac search 8168
r8168-dkms                                                                                                                                                                                              8.048.03-1    AUR
A kernel module for Realtek 8168 network cards (DKMS version)
[..]
linux510-r8168                                                                                                                                                                                          8.048.03-38   extra
A kernel module for Realtek 8168 network cards

So, in theory, it should work if you install r8168-dkms.

pamac build r8168-dkms

But at this point it’s only guessing and it’s not a certainty.

2 Likes

That’s not the USB WiFi I have the onboard drivers installed

It had- git and the end on some other forum I got pli Ted to but tha ks I am now working tygsm

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.