Wifi not available working on booting manjaro. Multple restart needed

Should I install these drivers and try again?
Auto install Proprietary Driver & Auto install Open source driver?

this ^

and this ^

No i guess there is no WIFI driver section there.

current installed kernel : 5.9.16-1
I am trying to install 5.10.18-1. It is taking a bit to download once it is completed I will inform here.

okay kernel 5.10.18-1 is installed and running but same problem occurred. My Wi-fi agained gets disconnected and cannot find any nearby devices.

also I want to say that kernel 5.11.1-1 is also available if you want me to install latest one.

Nope 5.10 is good, other kernels will disappear as 5.9 for example which is already End Of Life and will be removed soon. Only LTS kernels should be used if you’re a noob as you said, don’t add too much layer of things to look after and maintain by yourself later on.

If YOU want to try go ahead, but I don’t think it is the solution for you.

Actually there is wifi driver. I was not understanding what to do. I got some driver under Manjaro settings->hardware configurations->Network controller

Can you not crop application window and show it in its entirety? I see nothing relevant, at least can’t see what I need to see.

No I just want my system to be stable. Talking about LTS it is showing latest LTS as 5.4.100-1. no other newer version is shown as LTS.

5.10 is LTS it is just not marked currently but it is LTS trust me. Also read my previous post.

Yes I trust you and I have updated the full screen picture of Manjaro Settings->hardware configurations->Network Controller

So it doesn’t seem to me you have possibility of installing an alternative driver for this WIFI controller from here. What I would recommend is to get to the basics, and search the forum. Example search:

https://forum.manjaro.org/search?q=RTL8822BE

Read the various threads and see if a recent one has a solution to have it work.

On a side note about what you were talking about

I would right click the video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime driver and click INSTALL to have proper support for your dual GPU system, but this is another topic that I would recommend to open a new thread for if you need help about this. But this has nothing to do with your WIFI issue.

Thank you @omano for your help. I will try searching from the suggested link.

Also can you help me understand why the same wifi adapter works fine for windows but not for manjaro linux. I want to mention that it was working fine on ubuntu which I had previously installed before I tried manjaro.

It’s a driver thing I guess, you need proper software to control the hardware properly, if the system has proper software built in, it will work properly, if it doesn’t have proper software built in, it will not work properly.

//EDIT this thread seem similar to your issue and his solution was kernel 5.11 Wifi misbehaving and this other thread has another solution RTL8822BE Wi-Fi not showing - #4 by Wollie. Try simple solution first, install kernel 5.11 and see. If it doesn’t work then try maybe the other one.

I tried just the first command from the wollie’s post RTL8822BE Wi-Fi not showing - #4 by Wollie.

I restarted my machine 2-3 times and it worked every time. If it didn’t worked in future then I will try the complete solution and update it here.

I tried both the solutions. but in reverse order. I did the RTL8822BE Wi-Fi not showing - #4 by Wollie
solution first which didn’t worked then I tried to upgrade my kernel to 5.11 but still my wifi does not work.

Not wishing to misdirect on this post, but I ran in to similar problem on my KDE install. After latest updates I had terrible problems with Wi-Fi connection. Turned out to be a change in the settings manager, I had to tick a check-box in “All users may use this connection”. Now connects first time every time. Prior to this I had to select ‘Disconnect’ followed by ‘Connect’ to get a connection.

I have the same issue on MacBook Air 2017 running Manjaro XFCE linux510