WiFi installation with TP-LINK AC 1300 USB Adapter

Hello,

Installed Manjaro Linux Cinnamon 21.1.2 “PAHVO” on my desktop.

What to do to install WiFi with TP-LINK AC 1300 (Archer T4U) Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter ?
Wired internet connection is there.

Thanks for your reply.
Best regards.

Hi @lukvdl ,
Please, try Menu and Settings Manager and then go to Add/Remove Software. You will jump into the pamac-gui o Pamac.
Then, with the help of the lens, look whether you haver or not installed the Realtek RTL8812AU driver and also linux513-headers. I wonder this is the kernel version which came by default with the Pavho.

I also will be helpful whether you can post the output of the following terminal command:

ìnxi -Fazy

I will very appreciate from you to paste the output in a comment (when pasted - select the text and click the </> icon in the comment toolbar, as @linux-aarhus wrote you the last time you ask for help.

Hope it helps, regards

Thanks.
Cannot find Realtek RTL8812AU driver and kernel installed is 5.13.13-1.
Even the terminal command does’nt work !
Regards.

Do you have the linux headers installed?
This is the driver that has been known to work: rtl8812au-dkms-git
You can install through the pamac GUI. Make sure that AUR is enabled in pamac (Preferences-Third Party Tab-Enable AUR Support). Do a search as in bold above. Install and reboot.

Hello,
Have now the right driver and headers, but nothing happens …
The command “ìnxi -Fazy” doesn’t work !
Linux system kernel is now 5.14.2-1 MANJARO.
Best regards.

Hello,
Installed Manjaro Linux Cinnamon 21.1.2 “PAHVO” on my desktop.

Driver rtl8812au-dkms-git and Linux system kernel 5.14.2-1 MANJARO with linux514-headers is also installed.

What to do to activate WiFi with TP-LINK AC 1300 (Archer T4U) Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter ?

Wired internet connection is there.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best regards.

What do you mean by “doesn’t work”?

It does not give any reaction or result in Terminal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.