Widevine in arm

Hi,
I had the same issue as Mangled. Double installation worked.
Next issue I am facing is that there is no sound in chromium-docker.
I am working on Raspberry pi 4. Youtube audio plays ok in Firefox, but not in Chromium Docker.

@spikerguy I have found your other post where you say:

This is covered in my git already.
User will have to enable it from. Paprefs
https://github.com/spikerguy/docker-chromium-armhf/blob/master/chromium-armhf#L15

but i do not understand how to manage it to work.
Could you please explain step by step?

Regards

I will try it on my rpi4 and try to reproduce this.

It should work fine though.

Same issue on pi4 with chromium-docker 4.10.1610.6-3. Double installation and no sound.

Set host IP for Pulseaudio
/usr/local/bin/chromium-armhf: ligne 4: hostname : commande introuvable
Enabling XHost Forwarding
non-network local connections being added to access control list
Searching for Docker image ...
Found and using 3c58bc5d3e4a
WARNING: The requested image's platform (linux/arm) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm64/v8) and no specific platform was requested
[1:217:0103/223651.901139:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[1:217:0103/223652.025724:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[1:217:0103/223652.025834:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
ALSA lib pcm.c:8382:(snd_pcm_set_params) Sample format not available for PLAYBACK: Invalid argument
ALSA lib pcm.c:8382:(snd_pcm_set_params) Sample format not available for PLAYBACK: Invalid argument
[632:1:0103/223715.216617:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[632:1:0103/223715.218034:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[632:1:0103/223719.122721:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[632:1:0103/223719.131174:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[632:1:0103/223719.458249:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.
[632:1:0103/223719.459732:ERROR:child_process_sandbox_support_impl_linux.cc(81)] FontService unique font name matching request did not receive a response.

@darksky can you test this?

I will try to do it tonight if I can get some free time.

I would like to test it, if I was not such a novice in linux. Can you give me a hint how to do it? Is there any other option to watch eg. Netflix on Manjaro ARM 64-bit run on Raspbery pi 4?
@spikerguy, will you try your chrome-docker solution, on your rpi?

Hello
Yes I have tried it but my electricity went off while installing and it corrupted my os idk why.

I tried it on another arm device and I see some warnings and some errors, I will look into it tomorrow will have to update the docker script.

Other user have it working fine he tried it few hours ago.

Update: I tried on GT King Pro and everything worked fine.
Please try this following

Hopefully it use work and @Ace just confirmed that it works on his RPI4 8Gb on the second attempt.

1 Like

Always no sound, triple installation. paprefs ok and reboot.(pi4 8Go)

After another attempt (I did double pacman again and PAPre changes), I see now what is my current problem. Starting from reference: in Firefox I have possibility to switch between the audio devices (hdmi0 and jack output). In chromium-docker, I can hear only from hdmi output. What is wierd, I see two devices in Audio settings, but switching between them, changes nothing - hdmi plays for both cases. And of course it does not suits to my needs, I would like to use jack connection. @spikerguy, does docker somehow force to use only the hdmi output?

If the paprefs is used then it will follow the default selected in the host pc.
I have tested it with Bluetooth headset and also hdmi but this was long time ago.

1 Like

I can confirm that watching DRM contents in ARM is possible with chromium-docker. And been using it to watch Netflix in three days straight having work left behind :slight_smile:

Primary problem for me now is that frame drops while watching it in full screen, nevertheless I don’t mind watching in normal-size window, you will eventually get used to it.

Also, I had this Error regarding bus.cc and maybe it’s the reason why the video is somewhat pixelated but I can bare with it. :slight_smile:

Here’s the error I got.

[1:221:0109/060104.439404:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are “tcp” and on UNIX “unix”)

Came across this issue once. I could not toggle the volume from chromium-docker and all I did was the same way @spikerguy did.

Hello All,
I did fresh Manjaro Plasma ARM 64-bit installation on my new Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB ram. Firmware is from December 2020. After I have settled usb-storage configuration for SSD msata drive from which I am booting the system and after i did all system updates… I have did “this double” chromium-docker installation.
My issue now is:
Even I disable all audio devices I still can hear the chromium-docker audio e.g. youtube. I can"t change the voice volume and the sound came out as from hdmi cable.
@Ace, I don"t understand your last post, by saying “toggle the voice” you mean you can not control voice neighter?
@spikerguy, how do you understand this issue? can you refer to something? how can I test it? what to configure?
I wanted to create fully media rpi: spotify, netflix, youtube, kodi runned on relatively fast and cheap device. If I not find the solution with this Manjaro, what should i look for next?
Thanks in advance, regards.

This should be resolved by enabling audio over network using Paprefs

This is what you need.

From the script of starting chromium-dockers

This will be cpu accelerated as there is no video hardware acc yet in rpi.

This have hww acc but only for x264 and x265 which was done recently.

Hard to say but try armbian while I don’t think they’re interested in getting widevine support with all these hacks that we do at Manjaro ARM project.
Btw the solution is available and used by many Manjaro ARM users idk why you’re not able to archieve the same results, maybe you’re not following the steps.

What I mean about “toggle the voice” is that the audio is too low for me. I wanted to watch it with full volume though.

I found the solution to it using @spikerguy post by enabling the audio over network using paprefs then reboot and I could see it in my Audio Volume Settings > Audio > Applications and there listed my chromium-docker and could toggle the volume to 150% max.

Where would you want to output your audio though? You got audio jack, HDMI, and bluetooth options. But then you can toggle them by clicking the Volume at your system tray.
audio pallet

If you want simultaneous audio output you could toggle it also in paprefs > Simultaneous Output and check the Add virtual output device for simultaneous output on all local sound cards
simultaneous audio output

Well, the answer is right in front of you. You just have to follow the steps.

I’d be happy to assist :slight_smile:

Gents, I am doing all that stuff you posting here and I think I am following your advises.
As I said before:

By saying this I mean:
When I play Youtube in chromium-docker, I can’t modify anything related to the audio. In another words, The youtube audio plays even I disable all devices in Audio Volume system tray. And for any enabled device, if I switch to it, the voice comes from the same source - from HDMI (so Analog Output).

What is interesting:

I do not see Chromium-docker in Audio tray / Devices.

If there is any way to diagnose remotely my issue, I would be very glad to do so.
Thank you @spikerguy and @Ace for so far support.

Did you reboot your system after checking those boxes in paprefs? I had mine available after reboot though.

1 Like

Sorry for late feedback.

Of course I have reboot the system (like it was solution for all)…

I do not get by chromium-docker what I need to. I have got one level sound from it, without possibility to make sound higher or lower and without possibility to change a output device.

Solution for me was:
Change OS to Raspbian and watch Netflix in Kodi.

Thanks for all your support. Regards!

1 Like

After the error message in the shell and discovering that hostname isn’t in the bashrc.

echo "Set host IP for Pulseaudio"
addrip="$(hostname -i | grep -v '127.0.0.1' | awk '{ print $1}')"

i have read the readme in usr/share/chromium-docker and after editing usr/local/bin/chromium-armhf
with

#echo "Set host IP for Pulseaudio"
#addrip="$(hostname -i | grep -v '127.0.0.1' | awk '{ print $1}')"

docker run --rm --privileged \
-e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY \
-v chromium_home:/home \
-v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
-v /dev:/dev -v /run:/run \
-v /etc/machine-id:/etc/machine-id \
--ipc=host \
--device /dev/dri \
--group-add video \
hthiemann/docker-chromium-armhf

I have a working chromium-docker with sound.

1 Like

That is working mate!
Explain me please, what is it all about?
Thank you very much @tartanpion.

@spikerguy Is the problem mentioned here, still there ?

What’s the best way to use Widevine now ?
Is there an official ARM-64 Widevine support available now ?
Should we still use chromium-docker ?
If yes should we do other things after installation or is just a pure installation working now ?