Why is the kernel that comes with the Cinnamon edition ISO not in the repositories?

I installed Manjaro Cinnamon that comes with “linux513” on my computer and after rebooting it didn’t start “lightdm”. Then I tried to install an nVidia driver but “mwhd” couldn’t find the nvidia packages for that kernel. When listing the available kernels with mwhd-kernel, linux513 did not appear among them.

In the end it was solved by installing “linux510” and uninstalling “linux513” as the script was giving error with the latter.

5.13 is EOL and no longer supported. Community Edition ISO updates whenever the developer of the ISO profile wants to or have time to update it. However I do think that these editions can make use of a LTS kernel to avoid such issues :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like the cinnamon iso needs updating, 5.13 is EOL and been removed from the repos.

Cinnamon is a community edition and maintained by a community member rather than manjaro themselves

2 Likes

Thank you for your responses and I greatly appreciate the work the developers do.

1 Like

Afaik Bernhard maintains the cinnamon edition. Maybe he can release a new ISO version @oberon

Running

pamac install manjaro-tools-iso git
git clone https://gitlab.manjaro.org/profiles-and-settings/iso-profiles.git ~/iso-profiles  
buildiso -b stable -k linux510 -v -p cinnamon 

Should give you a bootable cinnamon image in /var/cache/manjaro-tools/iso/community/cinnamon/

2 Likes

Community ISOs need to be rebuilt with newer kernels - will push those tomorrow :+1:

6 Likes

New ISOs are now available here:

I will now test them and publish them officially if all is fine.

7 Likes

Budgie, Cinnamon, i3 and Mate 21.2.1 are now available.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.