Why is Plasma 5.25 series not yet in Testing branch available?

but pulling plasma 5.25 to testing now does not influence with the stable release of 5.25 one month later.

The manjaro team needs time to test 5.25, right? We know that stable branch is updated monthly.

1 Like

Iā€™m kinda excited for plasma 5.25 too; however, as @philm already mentioned plasma 5.25 is slated for the unstable branchā€¦ I feel itā€™s well under way.

P.S. and many thanks for being a testing branch user

4 Likes

@philm No love for Plasma 5.25, it already got third maintenance so its stable to be released. :sob:

1 Like

Having a third maintenance does not mean it is stable, be patient :wink: I prefer this way than the full arch way where you have to deal with all early breakages yourself

8 Likes

Plasma 5.25.3 is already stable and works fine and should be in stable branch, I donā€™t know what happened with Manjaro in 2022, they started ignoring Plasma releases, while GNOME is always pushed when a new stable version is released.

3 Likes

I was used to using kde neon which is the first distro having the last ā€œstableā€ kde plasma and ho boy it is quite unstable until a 5.x.2/3 is released. They avoid us such problems by delaying the plasma releases, which is the purpose of manjaro (bleeding edge, but stable). Gnome may provide better stable releases which lead manjaro team to push them sooner

3 Likes

The problem is that 5.23.3 is already stable and should be included in this upgrade but Manjaro just started testing it in testing branch :sob: and GNOME has the worst upgrade experience with hell of broken extensions.

1 Like

I canā€™t say for GNOME, but I think it is a good practice to wait a little with kde/plasma just to be safe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s enough.

will be in testing when is ready for testing branch, since you have approve it, as ready you can change your own installation to unstable branch.

Its your computer, your OS and your responsibility, change it and update it as you please.

6 Likes