Why ascii does not work?

hi everyone i am a young to 16 years old, 3 or 4 months ago i join to the linux community my fist distro was ubuntu obviously was a great change to me because i come to windows and in linux many things are diferents but after of 2 month i notice some bugs in my system and i take the decision to change to another distro my next distro was linux mint here i stay 2 months but i install a incompatible driver to kill my sound system and i don’t got to uninstall that, anyway later or this i decide to change to manjaro and i know to in linux you must use (ctrl+shift+u+(hex ascii code)) but in my terminal that does not work, at the beggining that works but before to some time It stopped working someone could help me? please :slight_smile:

Hi there.
I am going to guess your other installs were GTK desktops (like Gnome, Cinnamon, XFCE)?
In KDE its a little different … I think this link does a good job addressing your question:

(though, at least for my needs, the extra config and such was not required … just set the compose key)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.