Who is the maintainer of the manjaro community edition LXQt?

We normally generate our ISOs with Github Actions and either upload them to Sourceforge or our partner CDN77. You can also upload to Github Storage, you might need to split your ISO to 2 GB junks.

So how we can update that edition:

• create a project similar like the Sway Edition
  • update the profiles in a personal fork
  • adjust the CI to your liking and let Github Actions build your ISOs
  • test the ISOs with/for the community
  • inform the @manjaroteam to pick up your profile, so it gets build when we do regular community releases
6 Likes

First, I want to thank you for the answers!
Even because my intention since I started using Linux is just the collaborative spirit.

However, I apologize for my bad English and do not understand some technical terms, such as:

• I have to create a project on GitHub?
  • In this part it is also the user of the community who must update the name of the ISOs?
  • What is to adjust the “CI”?
  • I have the LXDE ISO ready with linux510 kernel, and speaking the truth the replacement of the firewalld by UFW, since on weak PCs the firewalld takes more time at startup, I would have to access the link and say what to @manjaroteam?

Thank’s!

What is your username in our gitlab instance?
To begin a community edition we have to review your work and is easy to do in the git repo

1 Like

I’ll try to clarify a couple of your questions.

Disclaimer: You will need some git knowledge and get familiar with github / gitlab.

Now the first thing you should have is a repository for the iso-profiles where you make the changes for the edition you maintain.

Probably the easiest would be to just create a fork from said repository on manjaro.gitlab.org (you will need to get fork permissions from manjaro to be able to do this though, at least I’m not able to do this with my account).
If you want to work with github instead, there is also a possibility of importing foreign git repositories I think. Not sure if it’s possible to merge back into manjaro gitlab later on though.

The idea with that Github repo (example sway) is to set up a CI workflow with Github Actions.
The whole purpose is to automate the building/deployment of the ISO image.

CI = Continuous integration: Basically this is automation of code compilation (build taks) and testing procedures (unit testing, integration testing, etc.) → Again, in this case: Generating the ISO.

You can steal from sway :wink: and copy the workflow task from there and then amend it to use your iso-profile repository (created in step 1), etc. instead.

Now with that, you should be able to automatically build and release ISO’s on github.
So users can download it from there in test it out.

If everything is fine and dandy, you can make a merge request back into the official iso-profiles repository to include your changes. Afterwards the Manjaro-Team can amend their CI workflow in order to include your edition as well.

I guess that would be more or less the process / way to go. Don’t nail me on that though. I don’t maintain any edition :wink:

You probably have a “Team” subscription? I guess with a “Free” account the limit is already at 500 MB.
(GitHub pricing maybe I’m misinterpreting it though :man_shrugging: )

In GitLab @PauloCreto

However, as @moson mentioned, my gitlab account is free, so don’t worry about me, helping a fellow here on the forum makes me very happy

T+ = See tou later

You’re mixing up www.github.com and gitlab.manjaro.org. Those are not the same.

It wouldn’t do, or I didn’t get confused, no!

Some speak github here in the topic, others Gitlab

I am wrong? And yes I have profiles both on github @PauloBCreto and gitlab @PauloCreto

But it doesn’t matter, I’m not very good at using them

T+ = See you later

Manjaro has their own gitlab instance where they host git repos with code and package configuration, etc.
For building the ISO’s however, they make use of GitHub (Actions).

It does not really matter where you host your repositories with your changes.
The main purpose is a: make it visible for everyone and b: allow it to be merged back into the official repo once tested.

So by creating public repositories for your changes and the ISO build process you make it fully transparent for everyone.

Of course you can build your ISO’s locally as well and offer them to anyone without making your config public. However I don’t think there is a chance that would end up on the official repository / download page of Manjaro since they have no way of knowing what you did (and how many viruses you’ve put into it. Just joking :wink: ).

Anyway, this topic already has a date set to be closed automatically.

I have a very bad English helping me (google translator) to try to collaborate more.

So I think it is better to let it go, with some unhappiness, because, I really liked to collaborate even more because I use the LXQt manjaro for production on my PC.

Thanks for everyone’s attention and viruses he he he that was a good one!

T+ = See you later

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.