Volunteers needed

Thanks for your work, hope you’ll be better soon. Take care and best wishes :slight_smile:

Health is the most precious resource we human have, and it is often in difficult times we realize it.
Take care.

3 Likes

As I was not able to create projects on github as informed by @philm here Who is the maintainer of the manjaro community edition LXQt? - #21 by philm

manjaro LXDE version in my google drive:

It is difficult for me to understand GitHub, but if you want the ISO update manjaro LXDE is on my google drive:

manjaro-lxde-21.0.3-210505-linux510.iso

iso-profiles/lxde

The only change to iso-profiles / community / lxde that I made was to change “firewalld” to ufw because on machines with little resources firewalld increases the startup time in my tests.

So I’m sorry for not being able to create projects on github

T+ = See you later

2 Likes

The file is private, you might want to make it public?

2 Likes

Tested and confirmed working in Virtualbox, so now we have new images for LXDE and awesome
and still need some for Openbox and LXQt

1 Like

Thank’s, but I don’t believe that my ISOs will be part of the community editions because I can’t do that:

But I am providing images of Openbox and LXQt which is what I use on a daily basis LXQt is very good

T+ = See you later

Thank you sir for all your work. Most important of all I wish you good health :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

I’ve found the openbox ISO not building correctly with gpicview-gtk, changing the line to gpicview does build the ISO correctly.

Here I explain and thank you but it seems that for me it is not possible to collaborate beyond what is here in the forum grateful for the effort in helping me!

Until you get something stable up and running I have rebuilt the ISOs using the latest stable repo.

They can be fetched from my highly unofficial iso repo at https://iso.uex.dk

2 Likes

and i figured out how Github Actions worked thanks to @philm s Youtube video he posted yesterday and updated the awesome image: Updated Manjaro Awesome Image - #8 by bittin

3 Likes

For anybody looking for a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2t5Iat37CI

3 Likes

I hear you on the “aging faster than anticipated” thing. Life is a trip. An unpredictable, painful, awesome trip.

Thanks for maintaining the Openbox edition, and thanks especially for posting those latest builds. I wish I had the Linux know-how to take over, because I :heart: Openbox. But I am also aging faster than anticipated and so don’t have the leftover resources to learn what I would need to quickly enough to get it done and keep getting it done.

Take good care of yourself!

2 Likes

My dear @linux-aarhus first thank you for all your work with LXQt, LXDE and Openbox!

I have the manjaro LXQt version installed from the version that is available on the website: Manjaro - LXQt

It is installed on my computer and from there I made my modifications to ~/iso-pofiles/community/lxqt; hence I generated an ISO LXQT, LXDE fully functional and stable, which I installed on other computers of people of my family and close friends.

With that I already use my ISO created by manjaro-tools with changes to some packages, wallpapers, login screen theme, etc.

I am new here in the forum but I am not new in the use of manjaro linux, I have used manjaro since its first version and I also participated in the construction of the manjaro Brazil forum, my real problem is the “universal” English language that I have no control over.

So I gave up on being one to collaborate with the update of the ISOs because I don’t understand English well and the google translator doesn’t help much either, sorry for the long message and thanks for your attention.

T+ = See you later

2 Likes

Thank’s @freggel.doe also @bittin

So I will try to understand the use of GitHub

T+ = See you later

Thank you for maintaining these so long. They were always rock solid ime. It takes a lot of work to keep up w three editions.

1 Like

Wow the team removed the LXQt manjaro, I’m glad I have mine here he he he

Thanks for the teachings @linux-aarhus and all, @philm by the tool manjaro-tools

With this I can keep my manjaro always with updated LXQt

T+ = See you later

@linux-aarhus you built the ISO of manjaro LXQt with sddm?

https://iso.uex.dk/

T+ = See you later

I think so - yes - why?

1 Like