Where i can change applications? After all, they are not here where they should be

Where i can change applications? After all, they are not here where they should be. Previously, on Gnome, application was above the cursors, but now there is nowhere to select a theme

1 Like

Somebody understood “a picture is worth a thousand words” a bit too literally… to the extend to forget to ask an actual question :man_facepalming: :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I believe it is no longer possible to change the theme in GNOME. If customization is what you want, then I would suggest using Plasma, XFCE, or any of the Community Editions or spins — i.e. Cinnamon, Budgie, MATE, LXQt, et al.

You could try this SbK GNOME spin, but as I understand it, it’ll still take a bit of work to customize it. :arrow_down:

1 Like

I ended up installing the theme via the console.

While this thread is marked solved, I think a few comments may help others in the future who find it.
Gnome is customizable, I change it every SbK Gnome spin. You can change themes. Its just that the Gnome project in its infinite wisdom :rofl: introduced a second theme engine, libadwaita, that doesnt apply to legacy apps.
Themes for legacy applications are set in gnome tweaks. Gnome and its applications like Nautilus need a libadwaita theme placed in ~/.config/gtk-4.0. To get a consistent theme for the whole desktop both must match.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.