What screen locking utility does GNOME use?

I’m running an up to date Manjaro with GNOME 42. I’m wondering what utility/command is run when I hit the keyboard shortcut to lock the screen?

The reason I’m asking is I’d like to implement screen locking on suspend via a systemd sleep hook. I’m going by this Arch wiki page: Session lock - ArchWiki, which lists a number of screen locking utilities that can be used, but I don’t seem to have any of them installed. I suppose I could just install one at random, but I’m thinking it would be best to use whatever mechanism my GNOME environment uses.

In case it matters, I’m also still using Xorg and not Wayland.

Notice neither GDM nor GNOME is mentioned there? :wink:

You don’t need an third-party utility, it’s built into GNOME and should be already enabled by default:

Settings> Privacy > Screen Lock > Automatic Screen Lock

Thanks for the reply, this prompted me to double-check my settings and I had a false assumption about what was meant by the Automatic Screen Lock Delay option. I had (mistakenly) thought that this would only lock the screen after X minutes of inactivity, and was independent of suspend/resume.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.