What is the keyboard combination for SysRq on a Thinkpad T400p?

   ~  cat /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf                                  
kernel.sysrq=1

1 Like

This is the output of holding alt+Fn+PrtSc and typing REISUB looks most similar (pasted excluding a lot of Touchégg daemon errors):

Feb 02 14:52:52 Think kernel: sysrq: HELP : loglevel(0-9) reboot(b) crash(c) terminate-all-tasks(e) memory-full-oom-kill(f) kill-all-tasks(i) thaw-filesystems(j) sak(k) show-backtrace-all-active-cpus(l) show-memory-usage(m) nice-all-RT-tasks(n) poweroff(o) show-registers(p) show-all-timers(q) unraw(r) sync(s) show-task-states(t) unmount(u) force-fb(v) show-blocked-tasks(w) dump-ftrace-buffer(z) 
Feb 02 14:52:52 Think kernel: sysrq: HELP : loglevel(0-9) reboot(b) crash(c) terminate-all-tasks(e) memory-full-oom-kill(f) kill-all-tasks(i) thaw-filesystems(j) sak(k) show-backtrace-all-active-cpus(l) show-memory-usage(m) nice-all-RT-tasks(n) poweroff(o) show-registers(p) show-all-timers(q) unraw(r) sync(s) show-task-states(t) unmount(u) force-fb(v) show-blocked-tasks(w) dump-ftrace-buffer(z) 

The output whilst pressing and releasing Fn+PrtSc, then entering REISUB whilst still holding alt:

^[r^[e^[i^[s^[u^[b

So it is working then. HELP line gets printed only when you press a key that has no function. So you must be pressing something wrong. REISUB only works for QWERTY/AZERTY/etc, so if you are using some other layout, you need to press other keys.

echo h | sudo tee /proc/sysrq-trigger

This is the output :

   ~   echo h | sudo tee /proc/sysrq-trigger                                ✔ 
Swipe your finger across the fingerprint reader
h

Having re-read my last post I should clarify running Just FYI; you can test it by running journalctl -f and then doing Alt+SysRq+h gives no output.

It’s in the journal - same HELP line as with pressing actual keys.

I am using what look like a qwerty keyboard to me :man_shrugging: