What is Lutris?

I keep seeing this on both this Forum and other Linux ones I may have visit the Website before. All I know is that it is has something to do with games. Or that is the context I kept seeing this used in.

So in brief: What is it? Used for?

1 Like

Lutris is a front end/games launcher/games library. It lets you access all your games in one library (steam, gog, Linux etc) so you can launch them all from one place. It also let’s you have a plethora of launch options like feral gamemode, prime render offload and much more

2 Likes

I’m on the Website now. OK, more important to me, do I want to use this? Any benefit to Me?

I have have ask this first.

It makes things a lot easier, you’ll know if a game is compatible with Linux and it will get downloaded straight to your library and like I said it let’s you tweak the performance of games, set resolution etc

1 Like

One of the good benefits of using Lutris is to install various Windows programs each in their separate WINE environment, and the ease of installation of everything listed in their database/website. It helps you manage games and programs, it is up to you to decide if you need it or not.

3 Likes

For me this is the best feature of Lutris, running old stuff in a dedicated ‘box’.

2 Likes

This will be really good for me and will give a reason to install this this then.

1 Like

The main benefit of lutris is its catered WINE scripts.
In this way … its more a frontend for wine than anything else.
Though technically it is a full ‘game manager’ that integrates with Steam, GoG, etc

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gaming#Getting_games

… I am going to take this opportunity to remind everyone:

Manjaro Forum threads are not a replacement for your favorite search engine.

3 Likes