Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hi There,
I’m Pierre, from France. Running on Linux since a lot of years now, I really started the migration from windows to linux with Ubuntu then Debian. I’m running Manjaro since 1 years now, I was looking for something new for an old laptop, this adventure opened me the Arch world with enthousiasm. I consider myself as experienced user only, my first job take me a lot of time and don’t give me enough time to more practice the terminal and some troubleshootings I got in the past.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hey,

I have been messing around with a Manjaro vm for a couple months and long story short windows decided its too good for my laptop. So, now it has Manjaro KDE Plasma! It wasn’t easy thanks to dell’s UEFI but after 3 months I have my laptop back! I’m a senior software engineering student in college, and I’m starting to really enjoy and prefer Linux for most thing I do on a daily basis. Not much of social person but given I might be on here from time to time I thought I should probably introduce myself.

P.S. thanks for all the help on here that got me past Dells wacky issues, it was the only reason I could get this running. Dell’s own official guide for swapping to Linux wasn’t working.

Best,
Death

2 Likes

Hello all,
I started my GNU/Linux journey with Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin till recently Ubuntu 20.04 (Kubuntu). Have just installed Manjaro and learning to work with it.

1 Like

Hi all, my name is Taylor. I.t. guy for the past 15 years or so until an abrupt career change (recently). After spending so much time supporting Windows, I found it insufferable and when I rediscovered Linux late 2019, I built a plex media server on Centos8 (wrong time), thanks IBM. I moved that over to Rocky, its got a Avago raid controller and raid6 setup as my file server. I love that os for what it is, (an always on) system. I slowly started out with Mint, which is my primary os on my dual boot desktop (amd a10) and love it there. However, my laptop, which I triple boot, windows - because I cant get my audiocontrol sw to work in Linux, Mint 20.3 and Manjaro. I fell in love with Manjaro because of the power settings for laptops is not available on Mint. Plus all of the hardware works out of the box. It has been frustrating at times, I’m learning. If I were given the chance to trade all of my general pc knowledge in for all the Linux knowledge, I would do so in a heartbeat. Glad to be here, Ill be posting some questions. “See you in the funny pages.”

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Recently switched from Idiotic Windows to Linux and specifically into Manjaro. Earlier tried Ubuntu way back in 2008 or 2009 but didnt liked it that much. Basically I realized later that the linux is the way to go and after days of online search i stumbled upon this Manjaro and started loving it. The speed and snapiness of it…omg already im in love with it. Way to go and need to learn lot of things.

Many thanks!!

3 Likes

Hello there,
Im a fresh Manjaro user since 2 months now, was switching from Windows because it was really good xd
I started with Ubuntu and its offsprings back in 2007 and in 2013 I was switching to Android (at the time i thought it was great idea to only use a tablet). After a short time with Windows i flee back to Linux and Manjaro was a good choose :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey! I’m MrBeeBenson. I am a software developer and information activist and current Project Lead of Rolling Rhino Remix, an ubuntu-based distribution that converts Ubuntu into a rolling release.

I first got started with Linux in August 2020, and switched full time in October. I first got started with Ubuntu, then I moved to Manjaro however I experienced some issues with it. I distrohopped frequently until I found myself on Fedora, and then Ubuntu. I recently decided to give KDE another try (after trying it on Kubuntu and disliking it), and tried it on Manjaro, where I fell back in love with the distribution and now I’m in love with KDE too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to thank everyone involved with Manjaro. I love it! It is a breath of fresh air coming from someone who used Debian for years. Again, thank you!

5 Likes

hello
moved from debian to manjaro couple of years of ago

4 Likes

Hello,
Started playing with Linux in 1991, now manjaro addicted on x86. Armv7 board (cubox i4-pro) with Arch.

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m Dan. I have been in love with Linux since 2008! New to Arch and Manjaro but really like it so far! Hope everyone is doing well! I’m happy to be here:)

3 Likes

Hi all!

I’m Cristian, aka dardo or dardok.

I love linux and I used different distros all over my life. First was Ubuntu (around 2009), later Mint, later I had installed in my old laptop Arch Linux (yes, it wasn’t a dream or nightmare XD), in a job I had Fedora, something with Kali Linux, again Ubuntu or Debian and now I am using Manjaro KDE Plasma. Also I used Windows for job, Microsoft Office and gaming reasons, but I much prefer Linux.

I bought a nice laptop and I installed Manjaro in a parition of 150GB and a /home partition of 150GB. The hard drive is of 1TB, so I have free space still to play around with more things. Nevertheless, I would like to stick to Manjaro and get skilled in this distro.

BTW, yesterday I realized that I could install Crusaders Kings 3 from Steam in my new laptop with Manjaro :slight_smile: :steam_locomotive:

Have a good one and see you around!

4 Likes

hello,
i am Debra Russell, i am new here

4 Likes

Well, color me confused…

Are you Debra, New here (what a weird name, BTW) or @debraplm51?

:confused:

Good Morning, My Name is Eric but I go by Icer Jo, I’ve been using Manjaro for about 5 Years now, and within the last Year I moved from XFCE on an 11 year old laptop to Gnome on a Tiger Lake based laptop. Prior to Manjaro I’ve used countless other distributions starting in or around 2007 with Fedora and then progressing from there. I decided to finally create an account and be active in the community to an extent!

7 Likes

Good afternoon! I am rather new to Linux but have stuck my toes into the water a few times throughout the past 2 years. I have found Manjaro to be my favorite of the distros due to it mostly resembling the Windows layout and offering many user-friendly packages from the get-go.

Yesterday I challenged myself to learn the terminal and set a goal to get as efficient with a command-line interface as possible by the end of the summer. To start off, I already setup a Manjaro XFCE minimal installation and began familiarizing myself with basic pacman and package management commands. So far, I really enjoy it and find it very satisfying executing tasks just by typing.

Looking forward to see where this little project goes, and glad to see the Distro have such an active community as well! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi, my name is Scott Carpenter, and I live in Austin, TX. I graduated from UT Austin in 1984 in computer science. I then moved to Fort Worth to work for General Dynamics writing embedded os software. I was an early adapter of Linux buying a Red Hat Linux distribution at the First Saturday Electronics swap meet in Dallas, TX back in those days. I run two different Linux distribution at home, including Manjaro. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Hello, i m Sairam, using manjaro for 3 Months now, i just fell in love with it, smooth performance, better user experience. more ever it had everything i need to work with. Great to onboard with you guys.

2 Likes

Hey all, linux user from way back, (Slackware back in the 90s). Over the past many I haven’t ran Linux as my main pc. Windows just installed TikTok automagically for me this weekend and it prompted me to install Linux again. I’ve distro hopped the last few days but I think I’m settling on Manjaro for now. See you guys around!

3 Likes

Maybe you clicked some strange advertisements, I think.

2 Likes