Weird startup behavior

When I power on I am first taken to the dev/sda2 screen for about 20-30 seconds and after it goes away, I am let to a blank screen then to a top down terminal, then to slowly the wallpaper and then the bottom bar loads in. The whole process takes ~2 minutes, nothing else I can see is wrong with my system.

Something that might be related is the fact that even though my pc is UEFI and CSM is off, I can only access the BIOS, but that could just be me being an idiot.The pc only has a hard drive but this speed is definitely too slow even so.

I will provide any logs requested, just don’t know anything much about manjaro/linux currently.

Output of systemd-analyze blame is:

5min 49.543s man-db.service
1min 48.927s pkgfile-update.service
     11.685s snapd.service
      9.966s polkit.service
      9.043s lvm2-monitor.service
      7.566s dev-sda2.device
      7.545s udisks2.service
      4.799s avahi-daemon.service
      4.796s NetworkManager.service
      4.631s systemd-logind.service
      4.616s upower.service
      4.009s systemd-journal-flush.service
      3.512s systemd-modules-load.service
      3.144s cups.service
      2.862s systemd-udevd.service
      2.192s systemd-rfkill.service
      1.760s user@1000.service
      1.750s ModemManager.service
      1.717s apparmor.service
      1.586s tlp.service
      1.456s systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2duuid-B6B9\x2dDB9D.service
      1.314s systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service
      1.089s wpa_supplicant.service
       697ms bluetooth.service
       553ms systemd-udev-trigger.service
       441ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service
       386ms systemd-random-seed.service
       309ms dev-hugepages.mount
       309ms dev-mqueue.mount
       308ms sys-kernel-debug.mount
       307ms sys-kernel-tracing.mount
       306ms kmod-static-nodes.service
       305ms modprobe@configfs.service
       304ms modprobe@drm.service
       303ms modprobe@fuse.service
       295ms dev-disk-by\x2duuid-a2cccfc5\x2d55b6\x2d43b1\x2dbd4c\x2d3e9d83d8c283.swap
       276ms logrotate.service
       269ms rtkit-daemon.service
       240ms systemd-journald.service
       239ms pamac-daemon.service
       215ms linux-module-cleanup.service
       208ms systemd-sysctl.service
       190ms boot-efi.mount
       184ms snapd.apparmor.service
       169ms alsa-restore.service
       153ms systemd-update-utmp.service
       136ms systemd-user-sessions.service
       122ms systemd-backlight@backlight:intel_backlight.service
       116ms systemd-binfmt.service
        83ms systemd-remount-fs.service
        80ms systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service
        62ms NetworkManager-wait-online.service
        18ms user-runtime-dir@1000.service
         2ms proc-sys-fs-binfmt_misc.mount
         2ms sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount
         2ms tmp.mount
         1ms sys-kernel-config.mount
          633us snapd.socket

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. In the future, when providing code/output, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text so that the output looks like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
    Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
    Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

instead of like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

(as that makes both our lives much easier)

4. No need to do anything right now as I’m a moderator here on this site and have fixed it for you already. However, in the future I might not see your post so review my edits by pushing the orange pencil above the post I just fixed. :wink:

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which exact CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time