Weird commands in boot and shutdown time shows up!

Hello community.:slightly_smiling_face:
When I’m turning on(and shutting down) my laptop it shows some weird commands and they saying something If I’m right about network card and USB devices!(Maybe it is the mirrocast?) I seen this one for the first time so I don’t know exactly what it is!:person_shrugging:
Let me know if you can.
Thank you!

Everything before the “The system is going down for poweroff” is likely from the startup. I wouldnt worry about it if your system was working.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any errors. Like @Jim.B said, if everything’s working, then there isn’t anything to worry about. Still if you want to double-check, then inspect with:

journalctl --boot=-1 --priority=3

Where -1 is the last boot you’ve seen the problem at, -1 in this example being the previous boot.

--priority=3 will display all warning and error log messages from the specified boot.

Hope this helps!

P.S.:

This isn’t important at all, but I thought someone should at least tell you. Those aren’t commands. They’re messages.

Commands are issued by the user, to interact with the computer. Even when you only click to save a document, a command is executed. While those are merely messages and all they can do is provide feedback.

2 Likes

That’s all just the regular verbosity of what the system is doing. If you do not want to see those messages, edit /etc/default/grub and make sure the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= line near the top of the file has the word quiet in it, as in the example below — this is from my system, and yours may differ slightly… :arrow_down:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet udev.log_priority=3"

Then, save the file and run… :arrow_down:

sudo update-grub
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.