Waydroid Installation Help -PBPro

Hi,
Waydroid is out and it appears to be working on arm devices. However, I’m having trouble locating the boot file they speak of in the guide. Does the pinebook pro KDE DE store the boot config in a different location? Where do you input line:
binder.devices=“anbox-binder,anbox-hwbinder,anbox-vndbinder,binder,hwbinder,vndbinder”

The guide can be located here:

I appreciate the help.

The boot file is in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf in Manjaro ARM. :slight_smile:
And you don’t need to run ./mkscr as it only rebuilds the boot.txt boot script, which we don’t use.

I would be interested in knowing if you get it to work. :wink:

Since I recall it we are using boot.txt also … Well, on the Pinephone at least.

Yes, but the user is on a Pinebook Pro. :slight_smile: Which is using extlinux.conf

Unfortunately it did not work. I got the error message below:

modprobe: FATAL: Module binder_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.13.7-1-MANJARO-ARM
modprobe: FATAL: Module ashmem_linux not found in directory /lib/modules/5.13.7-1-MANJARO-ARM
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/dev/binderfs’: File exists
ERROR: Binder and ashmem nodes not found!

Yeah, I got that when trying to get it running too.

The modules are built into our kernel, so the modprobes will fail.

But the ERROR: Binder and ashmem nodes not found! line I’m not sure about.

System : Manjaro Phosh Beta 12

Current /boot/boot.txt

setenv bootargs loglevel=4 binder.devices="anbox-binder,anbox-hwbinder,anbox-vndbinder,binder,hwbinder,vndbinder" console=tty0 console=${console} earlycon=uart,mmio32,0x01c28000 consoleblank=0 boot=PARTUUI>

Output when i run sudo waydroid-start

anbox-net is already running
 chmod: cannot access '/run/user/1000/gvfs': Permission denied
chmod: cannot access '/dev/sw_sync': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/sys/kernel/debug/sync/sw_sync': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/Vcodec': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/MTK_SMI': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/mdp_sync': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/mtk_cmdq': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/video32': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/video33': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '/dev/graphics/*': No such file or directory
lxc-start: anbox: cgroups/cgroup2_devices.c: bpf_program_load_kernel: 334 Function not implemented - Failed to load bpf program: (null)
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/ion" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/ion"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/kgsl-3d0" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/kgsl-3d0"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/mali0" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/mali0"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/pvr_sync" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/pvr_sync"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/pmsg0" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/pmsg0"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/graphics/fb0" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/graphics/fb0"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/fb1" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/fb1"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/graphics/fb1" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/graphics/fb1"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/fb2" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/fb2"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/graphics/fb2" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/graphics/fb2"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: mkdir_p: 234 Read-only file system - Failed to create directory "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/sys/module/lowmemorykiller"
lxc-start: anbox: conf.c: mount_entry_create_dir_file: 2410 Read-only file system - Failed to create directory "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/sys/module/lowmemorykiller"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/vendor" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/vendor_extra"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/sw_sync" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/sw_sync"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/Vcodec" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/Vcodec"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/MTK_SMI" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/MTK_SMI"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/mdp_sync" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/mdp_sync"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/mtk_cmdq" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/mtk_cmdq"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/video32" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/video32"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: safe_mount: 1198 No such file or directory - Failed to mount "/dev/video33" onto "/usr/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/video33"
lxc-start: anbox: utils.c: open_devnull: 1209 No such file or directory - Can't open /dev/null
lxc-start: anbox: conf.c: run_buffer: 323 Script exited with status 126
lxc-start: anbox: start.c: lxc_end: 996 Failed to run lxc.hook.post-stop for container "anbox"

The green arch does appear on the screen, with the bubble going over on, for 5-10 secs and crashes.
Uninstalled Anbox and same result. Will probably wipe / start fresh on Beta13 once its out.

Still the same with the Waydroid version from the official repository. Would be nice to have this working like Anbox on the PineBook Pro.

On my PBP I get the warning message binder service has died after some seconds it was detected

has anyone tried it with the XanMod kernel? Some got it to work on arch.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/waydroid/

So far I did not managed Waydroid to work on PBP.

Is the binder.devices=“anbox-binder,anbox-hwbinder,anbox-vndbinder,binder,hwbinder,vndbinder” at the end of /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf still required?

Or should this be sufficient?
sudo pacman -S waydroid-image
sudo waydroid init -f
sudo systemctl enable waydroid-container --now

Also the python-pyclip is not available.

It should. It atleast works on the Pinephone.

It’s in the AUR.

Thank you, I’ve just tried on the Pinephone also without success.

I still have problem to run Waydroid on PBP.
What is the best way to upload / share log here?