Want to install just xsane, looks like complete update will happen?

Hello, I am waiting on the current stable update as I have some critical work to do and don’t want to risk anything. I wanted to install xsane from the repositories (around 5 MB) but when I prepare to install it looks like the system is going to update everything (749.1MB). Can I install just xsane using add/remove software? Am I seeing correctly, is some kind of complete update loaded? There is a long list of upgrades not shown in the screen shot, typical of what you’d see in a normal update.
thanks

In a terminal.

sudo pacman -S xsane

ah! Success, good ol’ xsane, there it is, thanks! yes, of course… I was too flustered last night by seeing that I assume complete update that I didn’t think of the terminal option, which I am not fluent in.

Today I thought of looking at preferences for the add/remove app. I see in the advanced section that “do not check for updates when installing” is turned off by default. Meaning I guess that was indeed a complete update I was seeing. Seems like a good way for a noob to get into trouble if they were avoiding doing a complete update and didn’t notice what was happening. I’ll have to look at those preferences more at a later time. thanks again!

While possible, it’s not recommended at all. That’s why the setting was disabled.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.