W key intermittently unresponsive

Just installed a new fresh vanilla Manjaro KDE and noticed that my ‘w’-key seized to respond. The keyboard works perfect in other Distros (POP, Fedora) but not in Manjaro KDE and other keyboards behave the same as this, making me believe it is down to OS-level. Although, once in a while, ‘w’ does show up after a keypress. And capital ‘W’ works everytime. The two keyboards I have tested are Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Logitech TK820.

Sad to admit that I am a noob when it comes to Manjaro/Arch/KDE. Greatful to find out how I can debug this. Any help is appreciated.

And yes, I had to paste the w in each of the above words needing them in this post. :slight_smile:

Here’s the locale config

localectl status                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
   System Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8
                  LC_NUMERIC=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_TIME=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_MONETARY=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_PAPER=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_NAME=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_ADDRESS=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_TELEPHONE=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_MEASUREMENT=sv_SE.UTF-8
                  LC_IDENTIFICATION=sv_SE.UTF-8
       VC Keymap: sv-latin1
      X11 Layout: se

showkey responds with

keycode  17 press
keycode  17 release

when I press the ‘w’-key

Welcome here, @jklm3456,

Best wiki entry to start your research with:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Keyboard_input

Also, provide output of

localectl status
1 Like

following line

sudo showkey --scancodes  

gives this feedback when I press ‘q’ and ‘w’ and ‘e’

q0x10 
0x90 
0x11 
0x91 
e0x12 
0x92

Line 3 and 4 above are from when I press ‘w’ and apparently “the letter ‘w’ doesn’t get fed into the stream” so to say. I assumed the working output should’ve been “w0x11” on the 3rd line.

Is it possible to wipe the keyboard driver somehow? Reload it? Restart the service?