Vulkan stopped working after recent update

Hi, after this update vulkan stopped working, when I type vulkaninfo I get the following message:

ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : setup_loader_term_phys_devs:  Failed to detect any valid GPUs in the current config
ERROR at /usr/src/debug/vulkan-tools/Vulkan-Tools-1.3.255/vulkaninfo/vulkaninfo.h:237:vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices failed with ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Also Corectrl does not recognize my video card, as well as screenfecth, in the same way steam, lutris, etc… does not work.

I tried reinstalling the video drivers, vulkan, etc… and none of that works. Also when I start the system I get the following error:

My card is AMD RX 580

This appears after running: systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service:

× systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-07-25 11:46:13 -05; 16min ago
       Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
             man:modules-load.d(5)
    Process: 425 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 425 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 72ms

jul 25 11:46:11 DeskCore systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
jul 25 11:46:13 DeskCore systemd-modules-load[425]: Failed to insert module 'amdgpu': Device or resource busy
jul 25 11:46:13 DeskCore systemd-modules-load[425]: Failed to find module 'nvidia-uvm'
jul 25 11:46:13 DeskCore systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
jul 25 11:46:13 DeskCore systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
jul 25 11:46:13 DeskCore systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

@JoZ3 be more precise which kernel you’re actually using. That screenshot doesn’t tell much.

Hi, I found the problem and I solved it, it was in the grub (2.12-rc1), when it was updated it added the “nomodeset” parameter for the kernel.

No, it didn’t. You apparently did, then forgot to run sudo update-grub afterward. The reason your change took affect after the update is because that command is automatically run when updating grub. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.