Vscode asks "unlock keyring" on start

Okay…
So I first installed OSS Code and it worked very well, but some extensions thad I need and use simply don’t exist there…
Then I found VS Code on AUR, but now everytime after I boot PC it asks me to “Unlock keyring” then I put same password as on login and everything works…
Similar problem with Mailspring but there I need to unlock keyring everytime I starting app…

It’s little annoying, can someone help me…
I read something about gnome-keyring, KDE wallet etc. but I don’t even understan what “unlock keyring” means and where is “problem”?

Thanks in advance

A little bump to this topic.

I tried to search solution on Google, but only solution that I found was to remove password from kdewalletmanager, but even after I done that this is still there…

And do I need to tell you, that i’m not satisfied with solution “remove password”…

Little more informations:
I use SDDM
I don’t use autologin, and password for login is same as for "unlock keyring…

Here is picture(sorry for bad quality, I can’t take SS before I unlock it :smiley: )

If you need some more information, please tell me so I can post them, as I mentioned before in couple topics, I’m still new to Linux(I’m using it for 6-7 months), and Manjaro(including KDE) only for last couple of weeks…

I’m not running VS Code so can’t be certain, but it looks like you’ve got Gnome keyring installed on KDE and then the behaviour you see is quite normal.

I would file a feature request with the VS Code maintainer and ask for KDE Wallet integration on top of Gnome Keyring and then this problem will go away…

:sob:

1 Like

Hmm, thanks for answer…
But how did I install gnome-keyring or I installed it by default when I accept to install vscode(I use it because on OSS some extensions simply don’t exist)…

And also could you help me how can I contact maintainer of vscode?

Only you can tell me! :grin:

Did you read the dependencies you installed? If you did not, this is a sure way to know:

pamac list | grep gnome-keyring
  • If that show something like:

gnome-keyring                      1:3.36.0-1                 extra      4.5 MB

my assumption was correct.

• If it shows nothing at all: I was wrong, please tell me! :innocent:

LMGTFY

1 Like

Yes, you were right…
But, unfortanetly problem is still there…
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME/Keyring

I tried to do this, but nothing is changed…

Problem is even if maintainer of vscode done what you told me(even though I don’t have a clue where to post my question)…
Problem still persists with some others apps, for now it’s Mailspring, tomorrow maybe some other app…

Is there a way to disable it or delete it and that I still can use those apps?

Anything that actually works with kwallet … also has some caveats…
Your wallet/keyring password must be the same as the user.
You cannot auto-unluck if you use automatic-login.
etc etc.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE_Wallet#Unlock_KDE_Wallet_automatically_on_login

The same is for NetworkManager, chrome, and others … you can also use an empty password, or choose not to encrypt … none of which I recommend though.

I know that with autologin and I don’t use autologin, that’s exactly what I want, to unlock keyring when I write my password on login and unlock my pc…
I already tried that solution and same one but with gnome-keyring and it’s not working…

I’ll probably install seahorse and leave blank pw for keyring even though I don’t like that kind of solution

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.