Vmware player on Manjaro

I installed Manjaro on VM player 16 on Windows host. But i can not full screen it. it is small view. how is possible full it?

Thanks.

Which DE did you install? Its normally just a resolution issue, go into display settings in manjaro and change the screen resolution to something bigger

1 Like

VMware is a commercial application with their own support channel.

VMware is unsupported on Manjaro and it is recommended to use VirtualBox.

1 Like

I downloaded KDE version. VM player 16 as personal non-comercial version.

I think to install Manjaro as main OS and after use any Virtual machines for other purposes. but i am afraid of un supported drivers of Bluetooth and etc …

My machine is: System SKU LENOVO_MT_20TA_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad E14 Gen 2

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 2419 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
with 8 gb RAM.

p.s. for me security and privacy is more important too.

any ideas? which free VM should use on Windows for best support Manjaro?

I’ve ran Manajaro as a guest in Virtualbox, but that was also with Manjaro as the host.

No idea about using Windows as the host.

If you plan on running a virtual Manjaro on a Windows host - don’t use Hyper-V - for some reason Manjaro does not play well on Hyper-V.

VirtualBox works well on a Windows host and Manjaro works well as VirtualBox Guest.

Some years ago I used esxi to virtualise Windows servers - and VMware is very well supported on the Windows platform. Manjaro run well as guest OS on VMware Workstation and as the VMware Player is slimmed down version of Workstation it will probably work there as well.

For a Windows system I won’t recommend one over the other and if you run Manjaro as guest it will work like any other system on virtualized hardware.

1 Like

if i will run Manjaro as host (main) than? which VM? I asking that because i need online meetings like zoom google meet Teams. so hope i will not have issues.

You should make your own decision based on your own research and your own tests.

Read on …

When you are new to Linux - VirtualBox is the obvious choice - it is well supported and easy to use.

1 Like