VLC opens for a second then closes

I open a vid., see it flash open then it closes. I thought pasting my saved .vlc over from my network drive might have been it, so I deleted it from home. Still does it. OBS didn’t open also, I think my Motherboaard is going, not sure how to test. This install is very revent, so not that.

1 Like

Run it in a terminal and see what messages you get. There’s a good chance of some clues in there. You can make the messages more verbose; see the man page.

 ✔ 

It seemns fine with audeo files, videos it pops open & then closes.

Moderator edit: Remove screenshot of text

Please stop posting images of text. Use preformatted text. These screenshots are useless if anyone searches for anything that’s in them.

Did it work before? If so, what did you do before it stopped working?
Also post

pacman-mirrors -G
pacman -Q mesa

It worked fine in Mate so did OBS. I did nothing. This is a recent install of KDE. No idea what it even could be. uint DBusMenuExporterDBus::GetLayout(int, int, const QStringList&, DBusMenuLayo
utItem&) the red text says that.

Pretty sure you can ignore that DBus..., as I get that too but my videos play, what you may need to change is the vlc video output preferences. I currently use XVideo output (XCB).

Should be mentioned that I am currently running KDE X11 session not Wayland (because I’m waiting for Plasma 6.1 which is supposed to include explicit sync which should make nvidia work even better with Wayland)

2 Likes

thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.