VirtualBox won't boot Windows 10 if it exceeds 4 gigs of ram

Hey there! So i want to virtualize Windows 10 on manjaro, but when i open any Virtual Machine software (VirtualBox, Virtual Machine Manager, Gnome Boxes) it will not boot when i give it 4 gigabytes of ram. For some reason, it HAS to have only 2 gigabytes or it will not boot at all. I’ve tried multiple times.

P.S. this isn’t my first time on manjaro, i recently had a fresh install, but this is my first time on this forum so be gentle with me lol

Maybe you need to free up some resources? Memory usage? Check swap?

I have a Windows 10 VM in Virtualbox here, for the sole purpose of running a car diagnostic software.
It came configured with 6 GB - and it ran well but with other programs also running (browser) the system started swapping heavily and became very unresponsive because of it.
Since I have only 8 GB in total I reduced the memory given to the VM to a little over 4 GB.
Not a problem.
The software in that Windows system will, in fact, not work properly when I reduce the memory any further.
Windows itself will (not really happily) run with less than 4 GB, however.

I’m unfamiliar with Windows but can’t imagine that it would complain about more RAM and even insist on only being given the bare minimum.

What

I am running Manjaro on i9 and 64G RAM.

I am running a Win10 VM on virtualbox with - sorry - no bragging intended - with 32G memory - with no hickups whatsovever.

And side-by-side I am runing an old WinXP on 4G memory - so - I don’t know - but your issue is not normal.

Could you please check if virtualization is enabled in the firmware?

Just for the record

System:    Host: ts Kernel: 5.10.10-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1 Desktop: N/A wm: Compiz 0.9.14.1 
           dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux 

You will probably be aware so - just for the record - don’t assign more virtual memory than your system can actually provide.