VirtualBox Lenovo touchpad needs triple tap to double click

My touchpad mostly works, but a triple tap is required to perform a double click. I’m working with Xfce, but a brief look into KDE Plasma had similar trouble.

I currently have a Lenovo ideapad, Windows 10 host using VirtualBox to run Manjaro Xfce. I’ve tried all three settings for the VirtualBox Pointing Device setting, and that doesn’t seem to make any difference. One tap works fine. Two-finger scrolling works fine. A sticky double tap to select and drag an icon works fine. But two taps merely selects an icon, and opening it requires a third tap. Double clicking works normally. In text editors and address bars, three taps are needed to select a word, and I haven’t been able to select an entire line with, uh, four. I don’t routinely use any other gestures.

[edit: I also checked a guest Windows 10 VM. Double tapping works normally there.]

Is there a fix for this? I understand that the VM representation of my hardware is not direct. If there is no relevant fix on the Linux end of the chain, are there other VM apps that handle this better? Is going from Windows to Linux hindering things?

Details:

Lenovo ideapad Y700-17ISK
Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1415
ELAN touchpad, driver version 11.4.92.1
VirtualBox version 6.1.30 r148432 (Qt5.6.2)
uname -r: 5.15.12-1-MANJARO

I’m still a Linux noob but eager to Bash around. :slight_smile: