Virtualbox guest has transparent window

Toady I noticed that my virtualbox guests (debian, centos, etc.) boot with a transparent window. I recalled that this happened quite some time ago already. The solution was to disable the compsitor. And this solves it now as well. If I turn off the compositor of XFCE the vbox guest windows are fine and have a solid background.

But where is this issue coming from all of a sudden? I did not have that for a long time. I am on Manjaro testing and the most recent virtualbox update is from 21. August:

[2020-08-23T21:57:38+0200] [ALPM] upgraded linux58-virtualbox-host-modules (6.1.12-6 -> 6.1.12-8)

Can anbody confirm the same transparency issue? Any idea where it is coming from?

Installed vbox packages:

linux54-virtualbox-host-modules 6.1.12-10
linux57-virtualbox-host-modules 6.1.12-10
linux58-virtualbox-host-modules 6.1.12-8
virtualbox 6.1.12-3
virtualbox-guest-iso 6.1.12-1
virtualbox-sdk 6.1.12-3

I don’t know why it happens suddenly - but I do know it has been an issue before.

It us usually the Kvantum theme.

Configure active theme -> compositing & General look -> Translucent windows -> Add VirtualBox to the list.

That was it. So easy. Thank you!

And it happened “suddenly” because I was playing with kvantum themes the other day :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.