Virt-Manager has no grouping for VM's?

It seems that all VM’s of same type (QEMU/KVM) are listed in a plain one-dimensional list. So, Virt-Mananger has no grouping feature, or is the setting hidden somewhere? I mean, I only have a few VM’s now, but what if someone has tens of VM’s? VirtualBox and Vmware had grouping and this should not be a difficult feature to implement, so if there is no grouping, I wonder why this feature has not been added.

Vmware

VirtualBox

The idea has been rejected multiple times. Feel free to argue with the red hat people about it.

one of the first:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1193303

last one I could find on github:

Some other rejected ideas:

Damn. I don’t understand the developers’ arguments that it would require UI change that affects a lot of things. It is not on by default, so people who don’t need grouping would not even see the difference. And I am not even an advanced user. At best, an intermediate user and most likely a beginner user. Still, I need some sort of grouping when I have 10+ VM’s. I mean, I don’t run all 10+ VM’s constantly, but when I am testing a thing, I could create a few VM’s, so it could easily be over 10+. Is that a rare use-case?

Anyway, since it has been explicitly rejected, arguing with the developers would be waste of my time. I guess, I will create my own launcher or something.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.