Virt-manager crashes when trying to start guest os

Hi, I have a centos 7 machine running xen libvirtd, supermicro X8DT3.
I use virt-manager to connect to the linux machine and run through the gui, select xen (fullvirt) as the architecture, select an iso as the source and lvm volume to create a guest machine, but virt-manager crashes (closes) whenever I click on finish to create the machine.

To start with, I notice that the systemctl status libvirtd displays the errors below after it crashes. Also I notice that even though I have enabled VT-d virtualization on the motherboard, this command doesn’t indicate it’s available.
grep -E ‘svm|vmx’ /proc/cpuinfo (no output)
Could the errors be related to lack of virtualization capabilities? The motherboard is a supermicro X8DT3.

libvirtd[1655]: 1682: error : virConnectGetAllDomainStats:11686 : this function is not supported by the connection driver: virConnectGetAllDomainStats
libvirtd[1655]: 1680: error : virNetServerProgramDispatchCall:395 : unknown procedure: 436
libvirtd[1655]: 1689: error : virDomainListAllSnapshots:521 : this function is not supported by the connection driver: virDomainListAllSnapshots
libvirtd[1655]: 1680: error : libxlDomainStart:1417 : internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain ‘centos7.0’
libvirtd[1655]: 1688: error : libxlDomainUndefineFlags:2908 : unsupported flags (0x2) in function libxlDomainUndefineFlags
libvirtd[1655]: 1680: error : libxlDomainStart:1417 : internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain ‘centos7.0’
libvirtd[1655]: 1655: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1803 : End of file while reading data: Input/output error

Thanks.

grep -E 'svm|vmx' /proc/cpuinfo

vs

grep -E ‘svm|vmx’ /proc/cpuinfo

the first one works
the second (which you used) doesn’t

the difference is using this vs this '

is an error indicating that more to read was expected but not forthcoming
it could mean that your disk image is corrupted - but this is speculation

… you have made sure that the setup works with other virtual machines?
Do they fail as well?

Hmm, I think the single quotes got changed when I pasted the command in. Either way I get no output.
Also:
lsmod | grep kvm
kvm 602112 0
irqbypass 16384 1 kvm
Does not show any additional info about the intel kvm module
and
dmesg | grep kvm
[ 1754.690175] kvm: no hardware support

I haven’t tried setting up another virtual machine.
Thanks.

The foundation of it all is having hardware support:

KVM - ArchWiki

If this command does not yield output, your processor either does not have these instructions available
or you need to explicitly enable this in the BIOS settings.
I know that I can turn this on/off there.