Using SMTP with 0Auth2 on Thunderbird 78.7

With recent upgrades to Exchange and Thunderbird I was expecting to be able to use my work (O360) account with Thunderbird. When I try to set it up however I am surprised to find that 0Auth2 is not an available authentication method in the setup of the SMTP server. Is this explicitly disabled somewhere or am I missing a dependency I am not aware of?

PS: I would include links to the announcements, but am disallowed from doing so for the moment. They are easy enough to find, though you may end up sifting though a lot of instructions on how to do the thing I can’t :cry:

If you are missing an authentication form - you should discuss it upstream with Mozilla - Manjaro has no influence on the functionality of any GNU applications.

Exhange is a proprietary Microsoft platform - and communicating with Exchange servers is out of scope for this forum.

Of course you are right @linux-aarhus. The reasons I post this here are:

• Mozilla announced this feature May (I think) last year and it should be in the 68.* and 78.* releases
  • Conversations with colleagues and tutorial screenshots using other operating systems show that this option is available elsewhere

Hence I was wondering if it could be something Manjaro/Arch specific.

Deleting and setting up the account again made the 0Auth2 option appear after a recent update:

Name            : thunderbird
Version         : 78.7.1-1
Description     : Standalone mail and news reader from mozilla.org
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/
Licenses        : MPL  GPL  LGPL
Groups          : None
Provides        : None
Depends On      : glibc  gtk3  libgdk-3.so=0-64  mime-types  dbus  libdbus-1.so=3-64  dbus-glib  alsa-lib  nss  hunspell  sqlite  ttf-font
                  libvpx  libvpx.so=6-64  zlib  bzip2  botan  libwebp  libevent  libjpeg-turbo  libffi  nspr  gcc-libs  libx11  libxrender
                  libxfixes  libxext  libxcomposite  libxdamage  pango  libpango-1.0.so=0-64  cairo  gdk-pixbuf2  icu  libicui18n.so=68-64
                  libicuuc.so=68-64  freetype2  libfreetype.so=6-64  fontconfig  libfontconfig.so=1-64  glib2  libglib-2.0.so=0-64  pixman
                  libpixman-1.so=0-64  gnupg
Optional Deps   : libcanberra: sound support [installed]
Required By     : None
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 173.49 MiB
Packager        : Levente Polyak <anthraxx@archlinux.org>
Build Date      : Wed 10 Feb 2021 12:55:16 AM CET
Install Date    : Mon 22 Feb 2021 03:06:50 PM CET
Install Reason  : Explicitly installed
Install Script  : No
Validated By    : Signature

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.