Using NTFS on Manjaro

Since Linux 5.15, ntfs3 provides read and write support for the file system. All officially supported kernels with versions 5.15 or newer are built with CONFIG_NTFS3_FS=m and thus support it.

Does Manjaro supports this? How to disable the ntfs-3g in the old versions of Manjaro? Can I uninstall it?

I use dual-boot and I need to use my Windows disks.

please use the search function …

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:forum.manjaro.org+ntfs3

1 Like

If you’re using 5.15, then yes.

You don’t have to. You simply don’t have to use it anymore. Use ntfs3 as the filesystem type for those partitions in /etc/fstab. The mount options will probably still remain the same.

Why use :duck::duck::walking_man: when the forum has a built-in search function? :smiley:

Because most members and users tend to ignore it - thus duck duck go …

1 Like

nope, some ntfs-3g compatible mount options are not anymore with ntfs3, only the standard options and the ones referenced in the ntfs3 documentation will work.

1 Like

This link was blocked in China. @Firestar, you are in China and need use VPN to connect with DuckDuckGo.

I find that if I uninstall ntfs-3g, the NTFS partition on my laptop can be read and write freely, but the NTFS portable hard-disk cannot be mounted. I still need ntfs-3g