Use non-delayed repositories

So, afaik, Manjaro has its mirror, which delays Pacman packages by a week or two. Is it possible to switch to the bleeding edge, non-delayed ones?

Yes

Nope! Mirrors don’t do that. What you are talking about is called a Branch (Mirror is different). By default branch is set to Stable. You can switch to Testing and Unstable by:

sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch {branch}
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Note - Bleeding edge software comes with it’s own pros and cons (i prefer testing btw). Also please do your research before creating a topic:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Switching_Branches

4 Likes

The closest thing will be to switch to unstable - which is the entry point for all packages.

Not all packages are snapped from Arch repo. Several arch specific packages is not available.

Unstable is also entry point for all packages built specifically for Manjaro including

• kernel
  • modules
  • proprietary graphics
  • Manjaro specific applications

It is usually a very stable experience - occationally packages break and such breakage is usually fixed within a very short timespan.

1 Like

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for! Sorry for posting this. I didn’t know how to phrase it correctly, so google would help me!

Some explanations and more:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.