Use manjaro settings manager in terminal

Hey guys, so I wrote a little bash script that adjusts system settings, background, backup frequency etc and installed some tools in case I install Manjaro on another device or virtual machine or whatever. Basically, this script automates the few clicks that I would do manually after a new installation.
And everything works so far, but in the end, I would like to look for additional available language packs and if there are any, install them.
I do this manually after a new installation with manjaro-settings-manager, but i wonder if i can use this tool in terminal too? So that i can add a line in my bash script to automate it.

After you’ve used manjaro-settings-manager once, you know exactly which packages to install.

For example, when I install vim then manjaro-settings-manager prompts me to install vim-spell-en. So next time I’ll just install it with the main package:

sudo pacman -Syu vim vim-spell-en

Just add these extra language packages from Manjaro Settings Manager > Language Packages > Installed Language Packages to your script.

Yes, thanks, that would work for a preset language. But is there a way to keep it general so that additional language packs are installed no matter what system language the script is run on?

I do not know. It’s easy to update the package list if you add a new locale.

But you can look under the hood of Manjaro Settings Manager, maybe it will give you some ideas on how to implement such a functionality in the pure bash.

Edit: As you can see here, the package list is predefined, the only thing you need to do is convert your locales to the appropriate suffix to install the appropriate package.

Nice thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I don’t quite know how to do that yet. Maybe I’ll find a workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.