Urxvt: change font size on the fly?

Using latest Manjaro i3wm edition, and its default terminal “urxvt”.
I would like to be able to enlarge the terminal font on the fly.
I have tried all suggestions in the two links below, both to no avail.

Anyone out there been successful doing this?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/rxvt-unicode#Changing_font_size_on_the_fly

It could be a font configuration issue on your side.

As stated in the Github page of urxvt-resize-font, you have to specify the default font size using the size or pixelsize attributes.

The example from the Github page

urxvt.font: xft:Inconsolata:pixelsize=12

should work - at least it worked on my side.

Also, although it’s stated that fixed fonts are supported, using the default font configuration of the i3 edition didn’t work for me.

After changing the configuration to (for example)

URxvt.font:  xft:TerminessTTFNerdFontMono:pixelsize=14

the font resizing worked as expected.

Give those examples a try - don’t forget to run xrdb ~/.Xresources after making any changes in the ~/.Xresources file - and see if they work.

1 Like

Thanks! Worked perfectly…

1 Like

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.