Upward Scroll on MX Master 2S causes KDE Plasma to Log out

Hi There,

I am running Manjaro KDE and despite the numerous kernel upgrades and pacman updates, I still face this annoying problem that when I scroll up a few times on my Logitech MX Master 2S there is a chance that I will be logged out. Almost like SDDM crashes.

I only use the hyper scroll option as the ratchet scroll is too slow for me. Somedays it doesn’t happen at all. Today it already happened twice in the last 20 mins. I know it is not a mouse problem because it works well on Windows and Android. I had reformatted my / partition and reinstalled it with my /home untouched and the problem still remains.

I would like to know how can I go about troubleshooting this issue?

TIA.

The fact the you left your home directory untouched and the problem remains, shows that the problem might be a user issue and not global.

Try creating a new, different user and see if it happens with it. If it does, then it’s probably not a user issue, but a global one.

If not, try moving your /home directory items over one item at a time to see what causes the problem.

would there be an easier to identify this problem by looking at the crash log after it happens? I do not know where to start looking. Perhaps you can try to guide me on the right path.

It might, it might not. To check the log, running the following on a reboot right after a crash:

journalctl --boot=-1 --priority=3

This will provide you with all the warnings and errors for the previous so it might show what you’re looking for.