Update Issue telepathy-kde

2023-11-08_13-25

I’ve tried to update but these two windows appear and I don’t know how to deal with it since I don’t know whats the issue and I’m scared to proceed. One window shows some warnings about the transaction. The other window shows an error. I can’t close the error window by clicking the button, it doesn’t respond. How ever I could close it by hitting Escape

Looks like you have foreign packages that are messing up the dependencies.
(Specifically ‘telepathy’ ones … not unlike some other threads)

perhaps watch this thread, too - similar to yours, it seems
and in german

Probleme beim Upgrade

And here:

And I’m sure theres more of the same general
“foreign package and dependencies”
as well as the specific
“something is wrong (shows telepathy deps)”

I would love to provide a video clip of the behavior I face. I am not able to copy the text, that is why I provided images. I have just checked that again. There is no way to select the text in both dialogs. Neither mouse nor keyboard shortcut do anything to the content while double click should do the trick.
It feels like a weird modal dialog behavior. While the transaction window can be resized the error window only responds to Esc

Thank you. I will look into dependencies and check the mentioned thread to investigate the issue

Please open a terminal and do the same to get a text output:

pamac update

or the classic way:

sudo pacman -Syu

1 Like
Warnung: Pakete als dynamischer Benutzer bauen
Warnung: Konfiguriere Build-Verzeichnis /var/cache/pamac
Vorbereitung...
Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
Überprüfe vscodium-bin Abhängigkeiten...
Überprüfe proton-ge-custom-bin Abhängigkeiten...
Warnung: das Installieren von kxmlgui5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kxmlgui' benötigt von kfloppy
kfloppy zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von kcompletion5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kcompletion' benötigt von kfloppy
kfloppy zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kcoreaddons' benötigt von libmediawiki
libmediawiki zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von knotifications5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'knotifications' benötigt von telepathy-kde-approver
telepathy-kde-approver zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von kservice5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kservice' benötigt von telepathy-kde-approver
telepathy-kde-approver zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von knotifyconfig5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'knotifyconfig' benötigt von telepathy-kde-common-internals
telepathy-kde-common-internals zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von ktexteditor5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'ktexteditor' benötigt von telepathy-kde-common-internals
Warnung: das Installieren von kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kpeople' benötigt von telepathy-kde-common-internals
Warnung: das Installieren von krunner5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'krunner' benötigt von telepathy-kde-contact-runner
telepathy-kde-contact-runner zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von kidletime5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kidletime' benötigt von telepathy-kde-integration-module
telepathy-kde-integration-module zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Warnung: das Installieren von kactivities5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'kactivities' benötigt von telepathy-kde-integration-module
telepathy-kde-integration-module zum Entfernen hinzufügen
Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich vorbereitet werden:
Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen:
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-common-internals verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-common-internals' benötigt von telepathy-kde-auth-handler
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-approver verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-approver' benötigt von telepathy-kde-meta
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-contact-runner verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-contact-runner' benötigt von telepathy-kde-meta
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-integration-module verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-integration-module' benötigt von telepathy-kde-meta
Warnung: kpeoplevcard: Downgrade von Version 0.1+r38.32d50a9-1 zu Version 0.1-2
Abhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...
Interne Konflikte werden überprüft...
Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich vorbereitet werden:
Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen:
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-common-internals verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-common-internals' benötigt von telepathy-kde-auth-handler
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-approver verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-approver' benötigt von telepathy-kde-meta
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-contact-runner verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-contact-runner' benötigt von telepathy-kde-meta
- das Entfernen von telepathy-kde-integration-module verletzt Abhängigkeit 'telepathy-kde-integration-module' benötigt von telepathy-kde-meta

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

No packages with this name exists in the repos or the AUR.
You must remove these unsupported packages to continue.

telepathy-kde-approver
telepathy-kde-common-internals
telepathy-kde-contact-runner
telepathy-kde-integration-module
telepathy-kde-auth-handler
telepathy-kde-meta

https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=telepathy-kde

https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=telepathy-kde&maintainer=&flagged=

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages?K=telepathy-kde

sudo pacman -Rns telepathy-kde-approver telepathy-kde-common-internals telepathy-kde-contact-runner telepathy-kde-integration-module telepathy-kde-auth-handler telepathy-kde-meta
sudo pacman -Syu

Thanks, that removed most of the problems. Now there is only this Unable to upgrade using pacman -Syyu (kpeoplevcard) left. I tried to Syuu which left me with

[marcus@marcus-wasd ~]$ sudo pacman -Syuu
:: Paketdatenbanken werden synchronisiert …
 core ist aktuell
 extra ist aktuell
 community ist aktuell
 multilib ist aktuell
:: Vollständige Systemaktualisierung wird gestartet …
:: kirigami-addons durch extra/kirigami-addons5 ersetzen? [J/n] J
Warnung: kpeoplevcard: Downgrade von Version 0.1+r38.32d50a9-1 zu Version 0.1-2
Abhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst …
Nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen wird gesucht …
Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht vorbereitet werden (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: Installation von kxmlgui5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit »kxmlgui«, benötigt von kfloppy
:: Installation von kcompletion5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit »kcompletion«, benötigt von kfloppy
:: Installation von kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit »kcoreaddons«, benötigt von libmediawiki

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

I switched back to the GUI witch apparently showed a lot less warnings and ignored the rest. At least it’s startet to download

This is virtually the same problem, with different packages.
kfloppy is an unsupported package that does not exist in the repos or the AUR.
libmediawiki is the same.
So … once more … you must remove those before continuing.

With removal of telepathy packages the updater UI worked again. It looks like I pressed the right button and it fixed itself. The update process went flawless. I’m overwhelmed by all those packages with fancy names and I don’t know what I removed from the system and what it will effect. I’m just glad the update is done and doesn’t catch my attention anymore. My usual approach on system updates is, if strange things happen I wait a day or two and try it again. But this time it didn’t work like that.
So thank you all for babysitting me through this. I’ve learned something new today which hopefully helps me in future. Thank your for your patience :smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.