Update icon gone from system tray

My system tray icon for updates is gone. I don’t know when it disappeared but it was recently, and I think after an update.

In Pamac there’s a setting to hide the icon. I’ve checked it and it’s toggled off so the icon should be showing. I even tried toggling this on and off but not change.

Anybody know how to fix this?

The update icon in KDE Plasma will normally be the Octopi Notifier.

Right-click the system tray to see the options, and check whether it’s still listed among the applications and entries. If not, then you should be able to start it from the application launcher menu.

It’s not listed in my system tray options. That was the first place I checked as I thought it had probably just been disabled.

I tried starting octopi notifier but the system doesn’t find anything beginning with octopi.

The executable is called octopi-notifier. But maybe you never had Octopi installed.

Look for pamac-tray-icon-plasma instead. If you do not have that either, then you must have uninstalled it, and in that case you can reinstall it with… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -S pamac-tray-icon-plasma

… or… :arrow_down:

pamac install pamac-tray-icon-plasma

If you do have it installed, then try starting it from a terminal to see whether it throws up an error message. :arrow_down:

pamac-tray-icon-plasma &
1 Like

That’s it back and thank you very much. I’m pleased that’s fixed. Saves me manually checking.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

<>

I should mention, for anyone else that has this problem, that it was

pamac-tray-icon-plasma

That fixed my problem. I’ve never installed octopi.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.