Update fails with unresolvable package conflicts, dependencies ocaml4 and ocaml are in conflict

Hello,

what are the commands to solve this please?
“ocaml4 and ocaml are in conflict”

I have proceed with the command suggested here: ocaml and ocaml4 dependency hell / AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests / Arch Linux Forums

yet now it says “ocaml4-labgtk2 and labgtk2 are in conflict”
Trying to install ocaml again, ends with download fail retrieval from like 8 locations (404).

Which commands do you suggest please. It is several months i have not updated this computer Manjaro 5.15.85-1 x86_64 Xfce 4.18.1.

Hi @postcd,

There’s your problem. You shouldn’t do this. Manjaro is rolling-release distribution and thus needs to be kept up to date or things will break.

In any case, I think you have to refresh your mirror list:

sudo pacman-mirrors --country=Global

Followed by performing the update, updating your package database as well:

pamac upgrade && pamac upgrade --aur --devel || echo -e '\033[0;91mThere was an error upgrading the system. AUR packages not upgraded.\e[0m'

This will update your system and ONLY if that was successful update any AUR packages.

a Reminder: While use of the AUR is possible, it’s neither recommended nor supported.

I recommend pamac instead of pacman, especially for newcomers as pamac was developed by Manajaro (developers) for Manjaro and just takes care of more things than pacman.

And then you need to, of course, merge your .pacnew files.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.