Update error this morning

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kpeople' required by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcontacts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kcontacts' required by kpeoplevcard
:: installing plasma-framework5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'plasma-framework' required by latte-dock-git
:: installing knewstuff5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'knewstuff' required by latte-dock-git
:: installing qqc2-desktop-style5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'qqc2-desktop-style' required by qt5ct-kde
:: installing plasma-framework5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'plasma-framework' required by sddm-breath-theme

already being discussed in unstable brach announcement thread. number of manjaro overlay packages needs to be updated with latest changes/renamed packages. wait for it

1 Like

Hi @MAYBL8,

Your profile mentions you are using the Unstable branch, yet I a using the Stable branch and I’ve got the exact same version of kpeople5 that the update is trying to install:

$ pamac search kpeople5
kpeople5  5.110.0-1 [Installed]                                                                                                                                                                                                                         extra
A library that provides access to all contacts and the people who hold them

…and I know the Stable branch hasn’t had an update since 2023.10.13. All this leads me to think that your system is very messed up, causing a partially upgraded, non-supported state. And since I know I’ve seen you here before, so you aren’t new heree, you should’ve known that.

Anyhoo, that was actually mentioned in the Stable Updates

So, refresh your mirrors and do the update again, confirming overrides when asked:

pamac checkupdates --force-refresh
1 Like

Why do you assume my system is messed up. Maybe yours is messed up?

Mine isn’t the one with the errors, though.

Edit:

P.S.: It’s not assuming when it’s based on evidence. Assuming is deciding something without the evidence.

:wink:

1 Like

Mirrors… why does it always have to be the mirrors …
:cowboy_hat_face:

What was that adage you mentioned recently?

To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

Thanks for the help
I solved this by removing the offending packages and then updating.

seems to be solved now

The repo’s were finally propogated, I’m guessing.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.