Unsupported JavaFX configuration

Hello people, it’s been a while since I asked for help here but I can not solve this and it is driving me crazy…

I usually open the application called “ns-usbloader” which is a java app and used to work just fine, heck it still works fine on my OpenSuse Computer… however in Manjar it stopped working, or better said it still open but it doesn’t seem to connect anymore with the USB Device (Nintendo Switch)

The error I get from running it directly over the console is this one:

manjaro@Manjaro-PC  ~  ns-usbloader
Jun 26, 2022 12:58:20 AM com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl startup
WARNING: Unsupported JavaFX configuration: classes were loaded from ‘unnamed module @774bd0a2

As you can imagine I got mad at some point and uninstalled EVERYTHING java related, even stuff that forced me to uninstall also other apps but I get rid of Java and then after a reboot and clean of orphan packages I installed only the JRE from the repos and nothing more… but I got the same results

Maybe that message has nothing to do with the problem, but it is the only weird thing I get from running the ns-usbloader now and it can’t connect to the Switch (and the Switch tells me there is no USB device compatible)

Here is the info about my system:

manjaro@Manjaro-PC

Kernel: 5.10.124-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 8 mins
Packages: 1646 (pacman), 22 (flatpak), 8 (snap)
Shell: zsh 5.9
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: GNOME 42.2
WM: Mutter
WM Theme: Pop-dark
Theme: Livingroom-Darker-Green [GTK2/3]
Icons: Pop_Green_Dark [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: AMD FX-6300 (6) @ 3.500GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Memory: 1794MiB / 7936MiB

I spent three days already looking for possible solutions (and repairing everything I broke when absolutely uninstalling java related stuff) but I am stuck now with no clues.

If there is any other information you need or anything I can try/check please tell me, and thanks for any help on this issue.

1 Like

Have you tried googling for the message?
When I did, the first result was

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67854139/javafx-warning-unsupported-javafx-configuration-classes-were-loaded-from-unna

Yeah it was the first I saw and that is where I installed another java version and messed up the java config overall so I ended up uninstalling and removing everything java related. Reading it again it made me think it could maybe not be the real issue but maybe some driver missing for the Nintendo Switch to work with the program, which it shouldn’t since only on Windows there is needed to install a driver for it.

If the issue is the config then I should try again to fix the JavaFX stuff but I am kind of lost since it didn’t work before, maybe I didn’t properly edited the path, but the application runs on OpenSuse withut any argument needed and it is the exact same java file

Hi,
I’ve got the same issue. Did you resolve it?

This seems to be only a warning.

and may not be related with the real problem :wink:

Ok thanx! It seems to work. :+1: